PEOPLE AROUND TAMPA!

Jun 22, 2009
St. Pete, Florida
Tampa is a pretty big area, and it's also a very urban are.

But are there any actually "Good" studios around here?

Been googling around tonight, and haven't had any real luck finding a studio with examples that aren't just the same old boring Christian music mixes.

When I say "good," I mean in terms of "today's music".
So many quotes in there, but I think people get the point.

the reason you are having problems is it sounds like you are not really looking for a studio. there are a number of high-end studios in the tampa area, but that doesn't mean that their in-house staff has produced any of "today's music", as you put it. in the past that would have been more likely to have been the case, but these days most good producers and mixers of "today's music" are independent, and while we may book those studios for drums and possibly other stages of tracking, we aren't on staff.

no, it sounds like you're looking for a good producer/mixer that fits the bill, and there are definitely a few here in the bay area. i am between tampa and orlando... and closer to you, in St. Pete, is Mana... which is Erik Rutan's place, and is a pretty nice smaller studio as well.

the closest thing to your original question is Morrisound, at which many great metal records have been made over the years.

/thread.

Thanks man.

I love Morrisound forever
Scott Burns will you please start recording again plz