people who don't tip

Tonights pizza guy was the biggest fucking douche i ever met. I was gonna try the tipping thing again...

20.24 was my total, I hand him a 20 and a 10, and instead of thanking me and asking if I want any change, he just walks away. This asshole thinks his services are worth 10 fucking dollars. I let him take a few steps before saying "What about my change?", he looks at me and actually has the audacity to ask "How much do want". That drove me to say "In your case? All of it!".

And now I enjoy my pizza.

:lol: entirely warranted

in fact you should have given him a quarter to really drive it home

:erk: i dont even know why i post. concerning the tipping business: i work in grocery. every now and then i'll assist someone (usually when i'm bored, i work produce and it's got some downtime here and there) out to their car with groceries. usually i target those in need (elderly and handicapped people). most of the time i'm offered a tip and i turn it down. when they give me an odd look, i just reply "this service is covered by my wages." yeah, i make shit for money but i have a little bit more respect for myself and the individual trying to tip me than to take something i neither deserve or earned.

I'd rather feed off of an old woman's kind remarks than her social security check. :loco:

I like tipping because it's a nice thing to do. I usually tip around 20-25%, unless the bill is small, then I usually up it to around 40%. If the service is truly lousy I'll knock it down to around 10-15% plus whatever it takes to make the bill a whole-dollar amount. Sometimes it's hard to tip asshole waiters, but whatever, I don't care. I'm a nice guy.

Tipping this holiday season may sound too fancy for your budget. But when you consider that many of the people you tip get anywhere from 8 to 68 percent of their income from tips, you may want to give these helpful folks a break and plan for an added service charge.

1. Bartender
Base Pay per Hour: $7.30
Tips per Hour: $10.30
Percent of Total Hourly Income in Tips: 59%

Fortunately for this service provider, we all tend to get a little more generous as the night goes on. But, it's a good thing when you consider that bartenders are getting the majority of their income from the extra dollars we place on the bar. Typical tip: 10-15 percent of the bar bill.

2. Waiter/Waitress
Base Pay per Hour: $4.60
Tips per Hour: $9.90
Percent of Total Hourly Income in Tips: 68%

Wow, nearly 70 percent of your waiter's income is based on that tip that you give. So, if you think that a bottle of wine would make a nice addition to your steak dinner, be ready to pay the service charge along with it. Typical tip: 15-20 percent of the bill, 20 percent at fine restaurants or if you have a large group.

3. Massage Therapist
Base Pay per Hour: $26.30
Tips per Hour: $4.80
Percent of Total Hourly Income in Tips: 15%

Between lugging heavy shopping bags, traveling thousands of miles and trying to tolerate your family's funky quirks, you may be a little tense. Wouldn't a rejuvenating rub down clear you mind? Typical tip: 10-20 percent of the total, 20 percent if it is a really great massage.

4. Hairstylist
Base Pay per Hour: $9.90
Tips per Hour: $3.50
Percent of Total Hourly Income in Tips: 26%

Oh, if you could only get that perfect cut and color before those annual holiday get-togethers. You can! Just remember that your hairstylist relies on you to provide nearly 30 percent of their income. Typical tip: 15 percent of the total.

5. Concierge
Base Pay per Hour: $13.80
Tips per Hour: $1.50
Percent of Total Hourly Income in Tips: 10%

How about an evening in the big city, complete with a hotel stay, a stage show and a romantic table for two? It sounds nice but could require some planning. Let your concierge do all the work and then make sure to say thanks. Typical tip: $5-10 is average, more for special services or favors.

6. Doorman
Base Pay per Hour: $11.00
Tips per Hour: $4.90
Percent of Total Hourly Income in Tips: 31%

Nothing is quite as exciting as getting dressed up to go out on the town then having the front door magically swing open in front of you as the doorman whistles for your taxi. How much does he deserve for this luxurious treatment? Typical tip: $1 dollar or more for help with luggage or finding a taxi on the street.

7. Parking Attendant
Base Pay per Hour: $8.90
Tips per Hour: $3.70
Percent of Total Hourly Income in Tip: 29%

You toss them the keys and when they toss them back, how much do they get? Typical tip: $1-2, depending on how far they travel to get your car.

8. Van Driver
Base Pay per Hour: $10.20
Tips per Hour: $1.30
Percent of Total Hourly Income in Tips: 11%

Whether you're off to visit grandpa and grandma or are helping coordinate their arrival at your house, you will likely need to tip an airport or hotel van driver. Typical tip: $1 or more per bag, especially if they help you with your luggage.

9. Musician/Singer
Base Pay per Hour: $49.10
Tips per Hour: $4.10
Percent of Total Hourly Income in Tips: 8%

No holiday party is complete without a jazzy guitar riff playing in the background or a bright-lipped brunette cooing about winter. But, what are these pleasant sounds worth? Typical tip: $35-75 per person.

10. Taxi Driver
Base Pay per Hour: $16.10
Tips per Hour: $4.40
Percent of Total Hourly Income in Tips: 21%

Taxi drivers zig-zag through congested main strips and zoom along back roads to get you there on time. What sort of tip do they deserve? Typical tip: 15 percent of fare, $1 per bag up to 5 bags, $2 per bag for 5 or more bags or if bags are very heavy (50 lbs. each).

Sources: Median base pay per hour, median tip per hour and percent of total hourly income in tips data are provided by Payscale.com. Tipping data provided by The Original Tipping Page.

FUCK THAT!

Bar rule: $1 per beer, more if you're drinking mixed drinks that are particularly good.

I worked in a pizzeria. Those drivers make next to nothing besides tips, so unless the pizza's cold, insanely late (more then an hour wait) or they really screw up, don't stiff the pizza man.

A bartender should be tipped based on how stiff they make the drink and how attentive they are to you standing at the bar waiting for another round. What pisses me off about tipping is when an establishment forces your hand to deliver compensation for a service in which you can do yourself. Mandatory valet drives me up the fucking wall! I'm perfectly capable of parking my own vehicle, yet some Bartholomew Goldberg wants me to pay for Jose and his family's El Pollo Loco take out for retrieving my keys. Same goes with doormen and concierges. I'm not going to give some fuck a dollar for opening a door and saying "how do you do?" Nor am I compelled to give a concierge $5 for giving directions to Interstate X.

Apparently New Zealand is where the british stuck the jewish criminals...

Seriously though, I need to go somewhere where tipping is abnormal.