People You May Know

That's pretty much the function of those sites: for people to desperately try to prove to the world that they have lives.

Yeah, I could see that happening. I'd rather stick to its intended use, facebook is a nice tool to keep in touch with people you don't see every day.

^^ Best part of it is when people that never ever talked to you in high school add you to their friends, proof of the point that Zeph made earlier.

^^ Best part of it is when people that never ever talked to you in high school add you to their friends, proof of the point that Zeph made earlier.

I've had some people add me that made fun of me in high school. It's like 'Really?'

I placated them and accepted the friend request, but I'm slowly taking people off

I've had some people add me that made fun of me in high school. It's like 'Really?'

I placated them and accepted the friend request, but I'm slowly taking people off

I've done the same on my account. It's really not a bad idea after all, you actually end to making friends with people you never thought of making friends with in the first place. Also actually helped me quite a bit, me and a couple of friends ended up organizing a high school reunion party this month.

I've done the same on my account. It's really not a bad idea after all, you actually end to making friends with people you never thought of making friends with in the first place. Also actually helped me quite a bit, me and a couple of friends ended up organizing a high school reunion party this month.

Yeah, I was going to organize a junior high reunion but I got lazy and stopped caring because of complete lack of interest from others involved

^^ Bah, they suck. One of the best nights i've ever had was that party, really good times if you guys organize the thing well.

I don't like how you're always tempted to look at someone's profile or read someone's blog who you can't stand or who's screwed you over, which will always make you *facepalm* and traumatize you further, and if you're not, they'll still show up in your life somehow via the site and invade what little privacy you have left. :yuk:

And I don't like how they're making band websites obsolete, nobody goes to the official site anymore, and it's not fun to cruise fan sites anymore, everything is on MySpace like it's the ultimate resource. :erk:

I like AIM and e-mail, too bad nobody bothers to get on AIM anymore.

What's wrong with myspace centralizing music news? It makes it easier to hear about things. People here get too butt hurt by these sites. I don't know why you guys are so hell bent on being misanthropic, but it's kinda retarded. If you don't want to do the gay things on facebook, then don't. I don't... I talk to friends and that's it... is there a problem with people being social?

I don't like how you're always tempted to look at someone's profile or read someone's blog who you can't stand or who's screwed you over, which will always make you *facepalm* and traumatize you further, and if you're not, they'll still show up in your life somehow via the site and invade what little privacy you have left. :yuk:

I fail to see how you can be tempted to look at the profile of someone you can't stand, that's stupid to say the least. Also, I really don't know what the big deal is with one's privacy and hating these sites. They help you at being more social, if anything.

So if a few people seem somewhat serious on here then everyone else who isn't serious has to suddenly become serious even though none of this is all *that* serious at all... :loco: