Sorhin - Apokalypsens Ängel
Weezer - Blue Album
Windir - Sóknardalar
At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Edge of Sanity - Purgator Afterglow

Those are the albums I will listen to regularly over the year.:headbang:

Forgot to add Amorphis - Tales From The 1000 Lakes / Elegy / Eclipse

Interesting...well, to each his own. I wonder if I'd like No Exit better.

No exit has more of a thrash sound to it than the others. My fav track off no exit is Ivory Gate Of Dreams, its long but written really well. My other fav Fates record is Awaken the guardian. I really cant get into their more recent stuff, well anything past No Exit

Danzig- Danzig, Danzig 2 Lucifuge
Metallica- And Justice For All...
Megadeth- Rust in Peace
S.O.D.- Speak English or Die
Slayer- Seasons in the Abyss, Reign In Blood
Suicidal Tendencies- Lights...Camera...Revolution
Deicide- Deicide
Morbid Angel- Altars of Madness
Sepultura-Arise
Misfits- Walk Among Us
Ozzy- Blizzard of Ozz
Mercyful Fate- Melissa
Dio- Look Out Vol. 1, 2, 3, 4

Danzig- Danzig, Danzig 2 Lucifuge
Metallica- And Justice For All...
Megadeth- Rust in Peace
S.O.D.- Speak English or Die
Slayer- Seasons in the Abyss, Reign In Blood
Suicidal Tendencies- Lights...Camera...Revolution
Deicide- Deicide
Morbid Angel- Altars of Madness
Sepultura-Arise
Misfits- Walk Among Us
Ozzy- Blizzard of Ozz
Mercyful Fate- Melissa
Dio- Look Out Vol. 1, 2, 3, 4

Forgot about Danzig, the first 3 solo Danzig records are classic as is Walk Among US from Glenn era Misfits and American Psycho from Graves era Misfits

No Parole From Rock n Roll - Alcatrazz Perfect
Holy Diver - Dio Perfect
The Mob Rules - Sabbath Near Perfect - that E5150 track is as stupid a waste of recording time as FX from Vol. 4
Sad Wings of Destiny - Priest Perfect
Sin After Sin - Priest Near Perfect, would be perfect if not for Sad Wings

Interesting...well, to each his own. I wonder if I'd like No Exit better.

"Perfect Albums" is very much "to each his own," because as I understand it, the perfect album is one where I enjoy listening to every song.

The "Almost Perfect" category is where there's only one, or at most, two songs that are open to criticism or just being ignored and skipped on the track.

My fav track off no exit is Ivory Gate Of Dreams, its long but written really well. My other fav Fates record is Awaken the guardian. I really cant get into their more recent stuff, well anything past No Exit

Yeah, actually their lyrics were what got me hooked, those from Guardian and No Exit, between the ousting Jon Artch and his replacement.

"The Ivory Gate of Dreams" has got eight parts. Of those, can I listen to "Ivory Towers" like 400 times in row without getting bored, even though its only, what, 2 minutes long?

Jurched

"Perfect Albums" is very much "to each his own," because as I understand it, the perfect album is one where I enjoy listening to every song.

The "Almost Perfect" category is where there's only one, or at most, two songs that are open to criticism or just being ignored and skipped on the track.

Yeah, actually their lyrics were what got me hooked, those from Guardian and No Exit, between the ousting Jon Artch and his replacement.

"The Ivory Gate of Dreams" has got eight parts. Of those, can I listen to "Ivory Towers" like 400 times in row without getting bored, even though its only, what, 2 minutes long?

Jurched

I have to try No Exit...looks like an iTunes download based on your descriptions.

Yeah...perfect to me is an album that you love every song and never gets tired...almost is when you can give or take some tracks.

Jurched

I know what you mean, there are parts of Ivory that I have repeated on my cd in my van like dozen times, especially theres this drum fill towards the end thats just killer. I listen to Awaken more but I skip around on it, where No Exit I listen straight through every time. What I liked about Fates when I first heard them(Anarchy Divine video on Head Bangers bal with Adam Currey) was that the singer actually could sing and it was heavy. Did you hear Jon Archs solo album? What did you think? I liked it mostly, there are some things I would have changed but its pretty solid.

I know what you mean, there are parts of Ivory that I have repeated on my cd in my van like dozen times, especially theres this drum fill towards the end thats just killer. I listen to Awaken more but I skip around on it, where No Exit I listen straight through every time. What I liked about Fates when I first heard them(Anarchy Divine video on Head Bangers bal with Adam Currey) was that the singer actually could sing and it was heavy. Did you hear Jon Artchs solo album? What did you think? I liked it mostly, there are some things I would have changed but its pretty solid.

Was that "Twist of Fate?" No, I haven't. I heard a copy of his reunion with Fates while on tour a few years back. His voice broke a few times, but I think he had a cold or something. I think he's a great singer.

You've made me go to their website and read Arch's interview. Funny how he's dumping on Ray Adler for admittedly hitting the wrong keys on the opening tune of "No Exit," but personally I think Arch was doing the same thing in "The Spectre Within." He was being too experimental in that album.

Funny, he was ousted from the band bc he was the only one who had a real job. Now he makes furniture.

Jurched

Quite interesting what you´re saying about Fates Warning. Nowadays it seems that band is forgotten and everyone praise other prog metal bands but, in my opinion, they got the most solid career and are underrated. 10 albums, all of them killers, even "Fates Warning X".
However the "trilogy" ("No Exit" "Perfect simmetry" and "Parallels") is overwhelming. That chorus from "Point of view" ("Parallel lives running parallel with you...") is one of my favourites ever.

In spite I prefer Ray Alder, I got Jonh Arch "Twist of fate". Not bad, a solid effort but "Relentless" is far better than "Cheyenne", a little too long that song.

I like a lot other members (current or past) projects: Redemption, Engine, of course mighty Warlord, and Vera´s Armoured Saint and Seven Witches.

I think after No Exit they started to go into a less metal sound, and at the time I wasnt really into it, and I havent really gone back through the other stuff, although I do think "Eye to Eye", "Point of View", and "We only say goodbye" are great songs. I agree about "Cheyenne", but considering he was out of the music business for over a decade its still a great album and his voice really held up well. In my opinion his best song was Giants Lore off of Awaken

Quite interesting what you´re saying about Fates Warning. Nowadays it seems that band is forgotten and everyone praise other prog metal bands but, in my opinion, they got the most solid career and are underrated. 10 albums, all of them killers, even "Fates Warning X".
However the "trilogy" ("No Exit" "Perfect simmetry" and "Parallels") is overwhelming. That chorus from "Point of view" ("Parallel lives running parallel with you...") is one of my favourites ever.

In spite I prefer Ray Alder, I got Jonh Arch "Twist of fate". Not bad, a solid effort but "Relentless" is far better than "Cheyenne", a little too long that song.

I like a lot other members (current or past) projects: Redemption, Engine, of course mighty Warlord, and Vera´s Armoured Saint and Seven Witches.

I downloaded Parallels...I like it...the songwriting seems more concise and focused. I like progressive stuff, but I don't see where they're coming from...the writing isn't skillful enough, but on this more straight forward metal stuff, it's great!

I downloaded Parallels...I like it...the songwriting seems more concise and focused. I like progressive stuff, but I don't see where they're coming from...the writing isn't skillful enough, but on this more straight forward metal stuff, it's great!

Have you ever checked out Into Eternity? Its kinda like prog meets death.

I like The Scattering Of Ashes, its their newest one. You can here the progression with each album. Check out the tracks "Severe Emotional Distress" or "Nothing"

I downloaded Buried in Oblivion...decided to start in the middle...awesome stuff! Is the newer one better? I read some reviews and they pointed me towards Buried. I really like it.

I downloaded Buried in Oblivion...decided to start in the middle...awesome stuff! Is the newer one better? I read some reviews and they pointed me towards Buried. I really like it.

Buried is a great album, I especially lke the track "spiraling into depression", I do like the newest one more, although they are very similar in styles and production you can still here the progression--atleast I can i think