PERIPHERY - New song from our upcoming album is up on our NEW myspace layout!!

how is he not? not to mention the previous singers before him all sounded exactly the fucking same.

in all fairness, i actually agree.
most of the guys periphery get all sound a little.. i dunno. they lack personality
i really liked chris because he had a lot of charisma without really trying, just an interesting presence that i couldnt quite explain.
but i dare say ill warm to the new guy

how is he not? not to mention the previous singers before him all sounded exactly the fucking same.

I'll agree that they all sound somewhat similar as a result of the band picking who they like, but whatever. None of them are at all generic, especially in this genre.

Why so hostile? Pissed off you can't find any of these 'generic' singers? Jealous that they're actually releasing an album/touring?

i really liked chris because he had a lot of charisma without really trying, just an interesting presence that i couldnt quite explain.

to be honest dude, i couldn't disagree more, chalk it up to subjectivity and diff strokes...

new guys clean vox are AMAZING, no doubt in that. but his aggressive could use a lot of work, to be honest...

I did prefer the last singer(Ive lost track of who it was, but the last guy who sang on light!). Dont get me wrong but the new guy is a good singer for sure but he doesnt have the same gutteral low end growling that I thought was so great from the other guy.

Apart from that though, everything is awesome as per usual. Il deffinatly be picking up your cd as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Glad you finally got this CD out there. It was one I was expecting to get for a long time, but I think the whole vocal thing will make it unlikely. I'm a bit weary of grabbing new metal records only to need to mentally hit 'mute' on the vocal track in order to enjoy the music. I do wish you guys the very best though, your instrumentation is great, and is what has carried your act so far.

I liked the old singers sound better as well, I didnt find it really that necessary to have the new one hit even higher notes on light. BUT you guys are still far ahead of most of the bands today. So I am pretty stoked to buy your new album.

I'm a bit weary of grabbing new metal records only to need to mentally hit 'mute' on the vocal track in order to enjoy the music.

i honestly think this band would become more successfull if they had no vocals at all. screaming is boring. but to death autotuned keyboard vocals is even more boring (because its overdone).

i enjoy meshuggahs riffs a lot, when they bang their heads and jens just shuts up :) clean singing with this polyrhythmic stuff is just absolutely pointless,
melodies have a certain rhythmical weight that constantly gets destroyed by polys.. being a singer myself writing vocal lines for 0 0 0 0 riffing in polys is very frustrating... and like in this example its pointless.. there is just no feel to these vocals im afraid... at least i cannot connect to the vocals...

i honestly think this band would become more successfull if they had no vocals at all. screaming is boring. but to death autotuned keyboard vocals is even more boring (because its overdone).

i enjoy meshuggahs riffs a lot, when they bang their heads and jens just shuts up :) clean singing with this polyrhythmic stuff is just absolutely pointless,
melodies have a certain rhythmical weight that constantly gets destroyed by polys.. being a singer myself writing vocal lines for 0 0 0 0 riffing in polys is very frustrating... and like in this example its pointless.. there is just no feel to these vocals im afraid... at least i cannot connect to the vocals...

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I like it. I think it fits and it is in no way pointless.
At the same time I'm worried that some of my favorite songs will be "ruined" by vocals/new vocals, but that's just the irrational fear of change we all tend to have.

Amazing song. I love these songs where the instrummental is pure brutality but the whole thing still manages to keep a beautiful sad mood. This is my favorite singer, he has a Breaking Bejamin vibe that I really enjoy. Soon to be one of my favorites bands.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I like it. I think it fits and it is in no way pointless.
At the same time I'm worried that some of my favorite songs will be "ruined" by vocals/new vocals, but that's just the irrational fear of change we all tend to have.

+1

I think people are kind of ridiculous about the clean singing thing. I feel that it adds to the music much more than screaming will in a band where melody is as important as in Periphery. Frankly its very refreshing to hear a blend of it thats not just scream, scream, scream, poppy chorus. I would agree that if the vocals sat atop the mix too much it could detract from the music, but there's no way Bulb would really be into that when he puts as much work into the songs as he does. I'm more excited than ever to buy the Periphery CD with this new singer instead of the last one.

Cheers,
George.

+1

I think people are kind of ridiculous about the clean singing thing. I feel that it adds to the music much more than screaming will in a band where melody is as important as in Periphery. Frankly its very refreshing to hear a blend of it thats not just scream, scream, scream, poppy chorus. I would agree that if the vocals sat atop the mix too much it could detract from the music, but there's no way Bulb would really be into that when he puts as much work into the songs as he does. I'm more excited than ever to buy the Periphery CD with this new singer instead of the last one.

Cheers,
George.

Refreshing? The scream then clean is done to death. Screamo has already come and gone using that method.

Chorus:
I'll cut my heart for youuuu
ROOILL CUT AIR EAART FOR ROOOOOO!!

What would be refreshing is some anthems/hooks in amongst the vocal/fret gymnastics. (not saying there are none in Perif, just commenting on the clean and mean vox in tech/djent in general)

Alright, having listened to both versions of light about a zillion times i came to the amazing conclusion that i like the new vocalist more in terms of clean singing, and the old vocalist in terms of screaming.

That is all, thank you, you may disperse now.

Oh, any idea if this CD will be available in Poland ?