Perks for Gold Bage holders?

jaimek said:
Bah. Regardless of bands or dates or perks, I'd buy a GB just to support the festival.
Hey, buying one just so support Glenn and his efforts with the festival is certainly a valid reason as well and one that I absolutely applaud. I don't disagree with that, it's just that we were having a discussion about what the actual perks (aside from the satisfaction of being supportive) are.

One thing about buying just to be supportive though, it's easy to say that when you have extra money to shell out and can lend a helping hand financially. Some of us who live check to check need that little bit of extra justification to spend the money, be it in the form of what bands will be appearing or extra "perks" or what have you.

By the way, I paid for my Gold Badge last year and did not go or sell it. :)

jaimek said:
Bah. Regardless of bands or dates or perks, I'd buy a GB just to support the festival. (except I've never made it onto the list.)
You don't need to buy a GB to support the festival. I'm sure you can just send Glenn a signed blank check made out to "cash" and that will do just fine. :D

Petethedrummer said:
Thanks to all you guys that were complaining about lack of Gold Badge perks, i've been on the waiting list forever and my name finally came up!
man, 'complaining' is not the same as 'clarification' of the perks.
Let's all get in early go to Ned's Exploding Tunes and buy the dude out what a 'perk' . i personally like the idea of giving out drum heads, drumsticks whatever. just something cool like that is about as perky as i can get.
ha
DAVETHEMETALGUY

symfnyx said:
I'll tell ya one thing, if you got one don't be so ignorant to not take advantage of it, I lost my GB priority after PPIII cause I backed out of it 2 years in a row... killin myself over it now. just a word to the wise.

I'm right there with ya, smyfnyx... I chose not to attend last year, and missed out this year. *sigh* harsh lesson learned. I'll be checking ticketbastard first thing May 1st, hoping to get a couple of regular tix.

cya all at PPV... I hope. :erk:

:D

~Hoyt.

Here's a question... I purchased the Gold Badge again this year but I am not sure if I will be able to attend the show yet. In fact I probably wont know untill about a month before the show. What is the policy for selling gold badges? Would the privilage of having a guaranteed badge for next year if I want one still be mine? or would that also transfer to the new owner of my badge?

Question -

Did I miss something? Do GB holders still get in/out privleges that regular ticketholders don't?

(And, no, I don't mean the use of Harv's sheep for the evening. Just thought I'd stop that before it starts...we bring our own.)

Mike

we had in/out last year but the door people at Earthlink seemed to disagree for the first hour or so. I didnt' see any reason why 1 of the 4 or so people (security/door) couldn't just let the badge people in and out the far door away from the main line. I know a lot of people go looting in that 1st hour and drop it off back at their rooms so they're not lugging it around all night. Plus that frees up our hands to carry more loot as the night progresses.

Creeps said:
we had in/out last year but the door people at Earthlink seemed to disagree for the first hour or so. I didnt' see any reason why 1 of the 4 or so people (security/door) couldn't just let the badge people in and out the far door away from the main line. I know a lot of people go looting in that 1st hour and drop it off back at their rooms so they're not lugging it around all night. Plus that frees up our hands to carry more loot as the night progresses.
Our group was one of the unfortunates that got literally got yelled at when we tried to go in w/our badges the 1st night, right before the show. The guard made us look like idiots and tried to make us go to the back of the huge line. He also told us that we weren't allowed to leave or he wouldn't let us back in. He was so rude it basically put a huge damper on the 1st night. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen again this year. We had to stand there and take that from this guy in fear that he wouldn't let us in- it was humiliating!

-sheri

prog2112 said:
Our group was one of the unfortunates that got literally got yelled at when we tried to go in w/our badges the 1st night, right before the show. The guard made us look like idiots and tried to make us go to the back of the huge line. He also told us that we weren't allowed to leave or he wouldn't let us back in. He was so rude it basically put a huge damper on the 1st night. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen again this year. We had to stand there and take that from this guy in fear that he wouldn't let us in- it was humiliating!

-sheri
I think 2 of us were right behind you when that happened, we ended up talking about it for a bit.. or it was another group in a similar situation.

I mentioned this on the forums after we all got back from PP4, it was my only 'complaint' of the whole experience.

I also hope that all of the autograph sessions can be held in that area where C2C / Nightwish / Oliva signed. The vendor area is overcrowded as it is without 100s of us trying to get pics & signatures.

I had no idea about the door incident. I'll take care of it. As for autographs, that is up to the band. I would prefer they were all in the other area as well.

Glenn H

Petethedrummer said:
Thanks to all you guys that were complaining about lack of Gold Badge perks, i've been on the waiting list forever and my name finally came up!

Pete,
were you at the Sun N Steel fest?