Persefone to tour without bassist

Manuel Cedeno

New Metal Member
Aug 26, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Did not see this posted here. Sorry if it's a repost. I am shocked; this is from the band's IG:

"We were just heading to Barcelona to take our first plane and start this tour in Mexico when Toni, our beloved bass player and brother, suffered a terrible panic attack. We had to call the ambulance and go to the hospital since he had stiff limbs and then just passed out. That was a really scary moment and we had a very rough time seeing him on the stretcher. Luckily it was just a panic attack and he feels better now but he had to stay at home and get some rest and, as we are writing this, we are heading to this tour without our friend and of course, without a bass player.

The amount of stress that we have been dealing with since Aathma came out is something we all are suffering in our daily lifes, and yesterday Toni could no more.
Every tour we've done and prepared is a hard time, the logistics, the jobs, the families, the economy... we carry it everyday and sometimes it feels too much.

We are right now flying to Mexico to start this tour, trying to fix the bass lines, recording what we can in the airport to be able to offer you all the best live experience we possibly can and, on top of it, missing our friend in every moment.

If you are somehow close to the band, you already know that we, as a family, care a lot for each other, and if you know Toni, you can imagine how devastated we are.
We will get there, do our best and deliver the best performance possible.

Now please send your love to Toni."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm6wZD_DrSr/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1bvdgpmpm5xsa

Not sure if he will join them along the way or what this means for the rest of the tour. Best wishes to Toni and his family. I feel bad a bout the rest of the band as well; it's an important tour for them at a crucial moment in their career. Aathma is a masterpiece in my opinion...looking forward to their performance.