Perspective on the new roster

Glenn, I'm not disputing what you're saying, but this statement just blows me away. I could see Riverside possibly outselling Helloween over here, but Dragonforce and Iced Earth! :OMG:

Do you honestly think if Riverside headlined their own tour here, that they'd have the ticket sells that Iced Earth does? I'm just asking the question, because I honestly don't know.

~Brian~

I think he meant they outsell all the bands mentioned except those three.

Dude, you must be a mega power head and not like prog very much...

Kiss is not Frehley's Comet, but they're real close.... but comparing Redemption and Spiral Architect like that?? That's a little like saying "Bach is not Slayer". :lol:

Live, Kiss and Frehley's comet are not even in the same arena. Likewise with Redemption and SA. Just my opinion on the latter, but I think it's maybe even a proven fact with Kiss and Frehley. :)

And yes, I'm a total non-prog metal fan.

Ok, don't all pile on me after this post, as I probably (I'd bet my cats pajamas on this post I did miss previous threads/posts on this) wasn't privy to past discussions, but how does, say, Queensryche, Dream Theater, Tiles, Enchant, and/or Fates Warning fit into the ProgPower potential future headliner database? I'm sure QR, being a major label and high profile (for metal/prog genre - regardless of our opinion of their recent output) are a no-brainer in the "definitely not possible" category, but I'm still curious.

Glen? Bueller?

PS: Rush... and I thought *I* was being grandiose in suggesting QR, lol!

And that is totally what I'm expecting here for headliners this year. For me personally, that would be like a festival hell to have those bands headline what has already been announced. It just really worries me that this lineup is so so very prog heavy and what's not prog is not really even in the same league as most of the quality power/melodic metal going on except for Iron Savior.

Other than obvious ones like Helloween, Dragonforce, and Iced Earth, are you aware that Riverside outsells them all in the States?

holy fucking shit are you serious?

thats insane!

i had NO idea! dragonforce has shirts in hot topic i figured they were flingin records off the shelves like crazy! what kind of air play does riverside get in the states anyways?

holy fucking shit are you serious?

thats insane!

i had NO idea! dragonforce has shirts in hot topic i figured they were flingin records off the shelves like crazy! what kind of air play does riverside get in the states anyways?

Please re-read closely. The original quote said "other than"....

Personally, I'm stoked to see Pathosray... I've known the bassist for awhile and cannot wait to meet the guy face to face...

The video was freakin' awesome - I caved and left before it showed Sat. night; I was forked - done... But I LOVE the very end ' Goat on a Stick Productions' That's a freakin' riot!!!!

All I can think of is Jose - I'm a Jalepeno.... on a stick (Jeff Dunham is great!)

I think Elvenking and Iron Saviour alone sealed the deal for me. Hearing who the headliners are will just be icing on the cake.

I looked up Volbeat after I got back on Sunday, and I'm really digging them thus far. I'm looking forward to hearing what Riverside sounds like as well, I've heard nothing but good things about them. I definitely have a lot of new bands to look up this next year.

I needed a solid week for my brain to completely proccess the awesomeness that was Progpower VIII. I am now ready to begin the slow build of anticipation for next year :headbang::headbang:

This year's festival was very cool in that I was quite familiar with almost all of the bands. It was great getting to see several bands that I had been quite into.

Next year's lineup is almost the polar opposite at least for me. With the exception of Spheric Universe Experiment (who freaking kick ass by the way) and JOP, I know very little about any of the other bands. I love that about this festival. I know that at the end of the day the tickets need to sell so the decicions on who to bring in can't be easy ones. The obvious choice would be to have as many "names" as possible each and every year. While that would still be a good time I'm sure, I'm real happy that the heart of Progpower has been and seems to continue to be about expanding the horizons of the genre.

As much as I loved seeing Evergrey......as much as After Forever f***ing ruled.......I get just as much of a rush when I get my ass kicked by a Circus Maximus or a Raintime.

Props to the man for keeping it interesting :kickass:

Thanks Glen!
I think the lineup is great!
Can't wait 'til next year!

Thanks for having ELVENKING!!!
**horns**

elvenking1.jpg

Just to voice an opinion on PC69 and other 'half venue' bands. I'm glad they are booked. Screw everybody. I loved PC69. Had a great time watching them. I had no clue who they were going in. I don't think ya should avoid it, because its probably bands like PC69 that help you sell 50 tickets for a certain type of crowd, even if many others decide not to watch them.

QFT

I first found out about ProgPowerUSA by trying to figure out when and if PC69 was going to play the US any time soon. They had their PPVI appearance listed on their website with a link to the PP website, and then ..... WHAM! A whole new world opened up for me. I was already a DT / Rush / QR fan but had no idea that this "underground" fest existed. So, you never know how your audience is going to expand...