Persuader VS. Blind Guardian

{D|aBo|uS}

WarIsMyShephard
Jul 8, 2004
Don't know if the comparison has been made before, but I would like to get your opinions on this one. I love blind guardian mainly cause of the singer. The riffs aren't hard enough and there is too much choir since one or two albums. So...I discovered Persuader. It is so awesome! The guys has the same voice than Blind Guardian's singer (which I don't remember the name, sorry). And!! the riffs are good, there is no choir at all (which doesn't mean that a little of choir is a bad thing). Anyway, there are many reasons why I prefer Persuader. Overall, I like the agressiv side of Persuader. And some of you might tell me that Blind Guardian has nothing to do with being agressive, its' not their purpose, depending on how you see it. Maybe that you even think that comparing these two bands is stupid cause there's no link between them..but! I prefer Persuader.

My vote goes to Persuader. I don't give a fuck if Blind Guardian released some classics 15 years ago. If we consider them now, Persuader is better. They are more my type of metal.

AsModEe said:
My vote goes to Persuader. I don't give a fuck if Blind Guardian released some classics 15 years ago. If we consider them now, Persuader is better. They are more my type of metal.

Over-polished superficial fluff, with an excessively digital guitar tone? If you say so.

There's nothing to discuss, Blind Guardian it is. It's like comparing Maiden with Dragonforce:ill:

I haven't heard Persuader yet so I can't quite judge. I was just listening to "Valhalla" from the Live Blind Guardian album and man that song kicks ass! I am definetly gonna look into Persuader though.

Jean-Pierre said:
Over-polished superficial fluff, with an excessively digital guitar tone? If you say so.
Oh and BG latest work isn't over-polished and superficial? You gotta be kidding me.

AsModEe said:
Oh and BG latest work isn't over-polished and superficial? You gotta be kidding me.

ANATO is definitely overpolished and overexcessive, but at least it sounds like it's being performed by humans, rather than a machine.

Now, "Damned, For All Time" rapes anything by Persuader.

They are some things here that I would like to check, first of all, for those who thinks that they prefer BG only because they are a huge part of metal music, well... it is a big point, but, that doesn't make their last songs better. For those who really thinks that they are better songswritter,all right, your opinion. And finally for those who think that because their first songs were good, BG is a better band... well, I would say that maybe if I asked the question 10 years ago we could have say so (BG being better than Persuader), but in the present time, BG is getting a little soft and this is mainly why I say Persuader is better. Admitting this doesn't mean I don't think BG is a classic, I really think they are a classic actually. But, better and a classic isn't the same thing. Black Sabath is also a classic and musically, it is nearly at the bottom of my list, even though I respect them quite a lot, but I don't like them so much...

Jean-Pierre said:
ANATO is definitely overpolished and overexcessive, but at least it sounds like it's being performed by humans, rather than a machine.

Now, "Damned, For All Time" rapes anything by Persuader.

What the fuck is this...?? I am listening right now to some Persuader, and I don't get how you would think it is being played by machines...?! What, the drum? the guitar? the voice? What? The drum.. I would say the drummer of Persuader seems to be a little below BG's drummer. I mean he is even not as good I think, not that much, but a little. You know, cannot go as fast, not always completly tight, but quite a good drummer though. But, BG's drummer is even better. For the guitar, the digitalized stuff you were saying... I really don't get it. Alright, there is a lot of reverb and chorus in their sound hehe! Their riffs are not excessivly difficult... so if you are a good guitarist, you shouldn't suck at playing them. Actually, when you're listening to Joe Satriani, do you think a machine is playing, or is it the real guy?!? In fact, if you listen carefully to the song Passion Pain of Persuader in the solo, not the last note but the one before is not quite in tone. For the bass....well I don't know..anyway! why the fuck am I saying all of this! There is no way it could look like machine playing there!!

I do not know that other band, but after Imaginations from the Other Side and Nightfall in Midleearth i do not think that they can be anby better than BG.

I also assume that Persuader is newer then BG and can be considered somwthing like arippoff (please educate me on that point)?

Freanan said:
I also assume that Persuader is newer then BG and can be considered somwthing like arippoff (please educate me on that point)?
Not really. Just think of all German Power Metal, dilute it big time, and over-polish it until it doesn't even sound authentic. Then just figure in a singer that happens to sound like Hansi Kursch.