Check out this band (sound files included)...

AsModEe said:
hehe, I can say for sure that Persuader is the only power metal band that'll keep getting some of my money with their albums, I just don't care for the rest of the genre. Wayyyy too generic. Then again, power metal fan's best defense against this assault is saying : And death metal isn't generic?

Well at least it's a little more dynamic and is more guitar oriented.

:lol:

You should try listening to more than a handful of the staple power metal bands.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
:lol:

You should try listening to more than a handful of the staple power metal bands.
name bands plz?

I listened to Gamma Ray, Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, Elvenking, Heavenly (godawful singer), To-Mera, Symphony X if you consider them as power metal, Sonata Artica, Freedom Call (gay alert), Lost Horizon, Helloween..

The list goes on...

Alright well if you think Ben Soto from Heavenly is a bad singer then there really is no hope for you :lol:
He is what we like to call a real singer.

If you want to try some things "off the beaten path" you should check out-

Wuthering Heights
Angra
Twisted Tower Dire
Falconer
Metallium
Battlelore
Adagio
Secret Sphere

Most of the bands you listed are essentially guitar oriented, as with most power metal. Its fine to not like a genre though, no need to give absurd justifications.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Alright well if you think Ben Soto from Heavenly is a bad singer then there really is no hope for you :lol:

If you want to try some things "off the beaten path" you should check out-

Wuthering Heights
Angra
Twisted Tower Dire
Falconer
Metallium
Battlelore
Adagio
Secret Sphere

Most of the bands you listed are essentially guitar oriented, as with most power metal. Its fine to not like a genre though, no need to give absurd justifications.

I already know all of these bands, I own 3 metalium cds, 1 adagio cd, 2 falconer cd, 1 wuthering heights cd, I don't like Angra nor Battlelore. I never heard of Secret Sphere and Twisted Tower Dire.

And yeah, I think Ben Soto is a bad singer because his high voice sounds awful. When he doesn't try to sound "high à la power metal" he actually sounds good, but that rarely happens. Plus, there are wayyyyyyyy too much BAD choir on Heavenly's last album Dust to Dust. Choirs are cool when not overused, Heavenly is not an exemple of that.

edit: But thx for taking the time to make a list, now I hope you noticed I'm not that ignorant on Power Metal?

Which Wuthering Heights do you have out of curiosity.

More good power metal-

Stratovarious
Dream Evil
Ring of Fire
Black Majesty
Iron Savior
Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force (Yes thats right, Yngwie has good albums in his sea of mindless shred- War to End all Wars, Alchemy, Trilogy)
Tad Morose

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Which Wuthering Heights do you have out of curiosity.

More good power metal-

Stratovarious
Dream Evil
Ring of Fire
Black Majesty
Iron Savior
Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force (Yes thats right, Yngwie has good albums in his sea of mindless shred- War to End all Wars, Alchemy, Trilogy)
Tad Morose
I own "Far From Maddening Crowds" or something, good album.

I know Stratovarious a lot, they just got terrible. I find Dream Evil to be too generic and that they lack some balls, I don't know Ring of Fire nor Black Majesty, for Iron Savior I heard their song "Dragonslayer" and it was laughable, especially the singing. Yngwie is alright but never really interested me, same goes for Tad Morose, but I heard their last album is better than what they used to do.

AsModEe said:
for Iron Savior I heard their song "Dragonslayer" and it was laughable, especially the singing.
LMAO! That's not Iron Savior, that's a band called Excelsis, that won a local German contest to have a song featured on Iron Savior's next release at the time. Iron Savior's next release was "Unification" (actually a good album), and "Dragonslayer" by Excelsis was the last song on that album.

AsModEe said:
Yngwie is alright but never really interested me

For the most part, I agree - but if you've never heard the album "Marching Out", it's a must own. Pretty much rules from beginning to end.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Is this the singer of like 3-4 years ago? If so then..
Ha ha.. ha ha ha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, get the fuck out!
He sounds like a prepubescent boy that had his balls cut off.

Tranquillian said:
Is this the singer of like 3-4 years ago? If so then..
Ha ha.. ha ha ha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, get the fuck out!
He sounds like a prepubescent boy that had his balls cut off.

No, he is the only singer they have ever had. Sorry about your tastes then.

AsModEe said:
I own "Far From Maddening Crowds" or something, good album.

I know Stratovarious a lot, they just got terrible. I find Dream Evil to be too generic and that they lack some balls, I don't know Ring of Fire nor Black Majesty, for Iron Savior I heard their song "Dragonslayer" and it was laughable, especially the singing. Yngwie is alright but never really interested me, same goes for Tad Morose, but I heard their last album is better than what they used to do.

Stratovarious did get pretty bad, the last album was beyond weak. Early albums like Infinity are pretty awesome though. "Far from the Madding Crowds" is a really, really excellent album, miles beyond the other two which are much more generic.