Check out this band (sound files included)...

Dark One said:
Are you loving this in a "fun" way or something? Your emoticons seem to suggest sarcasm. Anyway, I really dig these guys for some reason, and here's another track from them that is absolutely a favorite of mine:

"Strike Down"

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B5AB7A154E199D23
yeah i really do like it, i just find it pretty much impossible to listen to it with a straight face...my friends and i all like sonata arctica, rhapsody, hammerfall, etc for the ironic "raise your fists, steel warriors of metal!!" value, but these guys kick way more ass than all of those :lol: ....i have a weird sense of humor, stuff like this tickles me in a way that if loretta tickled me i'd say "oh yeah, that's nice"

d/ling now

TER has "when eden burns" for 12.99, anyone know if it's available for less?

edit: that track is all right, i prefer the ones zod posted though

cthulufhtagn said:
yeah i really do like it, i just find it pretty much impossible to listen to it with a straight face...my friends and i all like sonata arctica, rhapsody, hammerfall, etc for the ironic value, but these guys kick way more ass

Cool, I completely understand your point too - it's almost like you have to view it as a "guilty pleasure". Let me know what you think of that last track I posted.

Dark One said:
Hmm.... at first listen, they're not really grabbing me at all. Perhaps it's the vocals - quite generic, I dunno, it just really bores me. I'll give 'em more of a chance at a later time though, thanks!
you know what's ironic? Dark Empire's singer = Persuader's singer. Same guy. I agree with you, they won't grab you at first listen. I gave these songs at least 3-4 listens to fully enjoy them.

Dark One said:
Are you loving this in a "fun" way or something? Your emoticons seem to suggest sarcasm. Anyway, I really dig these guys for some reason, and here's another track from them that is absolutely a favorite of mine:

"Strike Down"

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B5AB7A154E199D23
did you listen to their debut, The Hunter? It sounds more like old BG speed/trash thing but the vocalist sounded very different at that time.

Dark One said:
Cool, I completely understand your point too - it's almost like you have to view it as a "guilty pleasure". Let me know what you think of that last track I posted.
see my above edit

it's good but not quite as hooky as the other two, for me this stuff is all about the hooks

AsModEe said:
you know what's ironic? Dark Empire's singer = Persuader's singer. Same guy. I agree with you, they won't grab you at first listen. I gave these songs at least 3-4 listens to fully enjoy them.

Actually, I thought the vocal tone sounded extremely similar, but with Persuader, the range is much more dynamic and energetic. I mean, as Zod indicated, much of it is blatant BG worship, but I also believe that if a style is copied, if it's at least done well, I have no problem with it at all.

@asmodee: meh, difference of taste i suppose....i just fucking really dig some parts of those others, not much power metal i've heard can really compare tbh...like the first time i heard "valley of the damned" :lol:

hehe, I can say for sure that Persuader is the only power metal band that'll keep getting some of my money with their albums, I just don't care for the rest of the genre. Wayyyy too generic. Then again, power metal fan's best defense against this assault is saying : And death metal isn't generic?

Well at least it's a little more dynamic and is more guitar oriented.

Dark One said:
I find death metal generic when there is no "groove" or even a little "melody" in the sound. When it's just monotone vocals and blast beats, it's every bit as generic to me as 90% of power metal.
I agree, then again, I never listen to that kind of band, so when someone throws that argument I just say "wtf are you talking about? Know your shitz"

tis true, death metal bands I enjoy must have a minimum of both groove and melody, or it won't be worth my money.

AsModEe said:
tis true, death metal bands I enjoy must have a minimum of both groove and melody, or it won't be worth my money.

Heh, it was the "then again, I never listen to this kind of band" comment that struck me as funny for some reason. I kind of saw it like "well, that's how I like it too, of course I never listen to it either".

Dark One said:
Heh, it was the "then again, I never listen to this kind of band" comment that struck me as funny for some reason. I kind of saw it like "well, that's how I like it too, of course I never listen to it either".
ahah I know what you mean now. I didn't really pay attention when I posted.