Recommendation - Rearview Mirror- All Lights Off

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
So I see people here enjoy stuff like Nirvana and Pearl Jam aye? Well fans of these aforementioned bands will certainly not be dissapointed with the music that lies with in this thread. As Rearview Mirror serves up radio friendly rock music in the same vein. Unfortunately if you don't spend your time philibustering to your audience about the evils of el Presidente, or you haven't taken a cold shotgun barrel to your unshaven cheek, your music goes unheard. Adam Ptanek vocals are top fucking notch! No Nu-Metal here, no Grunge smudge either, although the band takes influences from the latter. This music is as deep as Commadante's black book of islamic jihad warriors. If the radio played rock music this good I probabaly would have never bothered to discover the world of metal. :headbang:

Listen to the 2nd half of the album straight through and you will see it all come together. Trust me!

71fe024128a0edd32627b010._AA240_.L.jpg

1. In the Beginning
2. 28-7
3. Like They Were
4. City Walls
5. Animal
6. Guilty
7. All Lights Off
8. Blade
9. Sinking
10. Stronger Than Before
11. Dead Air
12. Thank You

Very radio friendly, which is not always a bad thing, but it is in this case. A little too "poppy" for my tastes (I was hoping for more Nirvana than Pearl Jam and didn't get it). Well executed for what it is, but just sounds too trendy and driven more by what will sell rather than what will set them apart.