Perth set list /concert

Apr 5, 2005
Howdy. Last night was absolutely awesome! My ears are humming with the sound of white noise, I'm bruised and totally fucked my neck on 360 degree moshing on Death Rider... but will post the set list. Got the actual set list from the roadie ( it came with a complimentary mucusy goondy LOL ....ahhh that hurts, nice.
Anyway here goes:

AMONG THE LIVING
GOT THE TIME
CAUGHT IN A MOSH
AIR
MADHOUSE
ANTISOCIAL
NFL
DEATHRIDER
MEDUSA
IN MY WORLD
INDIANS
encore
BE ALL
I'M THE MAN
METAL THRASHING
I AM THE LAW

Great ending to the Australian tour, and the crowd was fucking great, the mosh was wild, over and out for now!

oh yeah most importantly
A HUGE BIG THANK YOU AND CHEERS TO ANTHRAX FOR TOURING AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!
HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH THE REST OF THE TOUR!!!!!!!
:worship: :headbang: :wave: :D :worship: :headbang: :wave: :D

Now a quinteto!!

Ok - the concert. What I am posting now is purely subjective as I don't think I can review/comment on a show objectively.
In Australia, we are so grateful to be included on the tour my frame of mind is one of pure excitement and gratitude. Maybe if I was in the States or Europe where the metal scene is huge, and there are so many awesome festivals gigs etc... I would be more discerning and experienced to post comparisons of recent gigs/ nuances/changes in hair do's etc..
So if you choose to read my opinion thanks and you may need to heat up your cuppa/ get a beer :D

Got right up the front, looking straight at Bello and Spitz. The crowd was wild and surging, heard lead guitar fine, but the vocals were a bit low.

Joey expressed how grateful he was to be in Perth/ Australia, my impression was that he was definately NOT convinced he was there to stay. I think he was glad to be able to tour Australia with Anthrax to say farewell, something he wasn't able to do after the split. Prior to the gig some guys mentioned they were chatting to danny and Joey at a nearby restaurant. I am only speculatin but this together with Iron maidens report of them rocking up in a taxi in Melb sep. doesn't spell a huge family reunion to me.
Any way back to the gig, Joey's vocals were great, and I really do appreciate and respect him as the original singer. ( I have always prefered John Bush, still do, but have a new respect for Joey)
Honestly, where I was I can't really comment too much on sound, it was loud and I had arm pits, heads, hands, feet, hair buzzing around me all night. :wave: (also pumped beef head agro shit bouncers in front of me who pinned down 3 to 1 any crowd surfers, - go work the Nick Cave gig if you don't know!!!)
It was soooo good to see frank Bello back :Spin: , the guy is purely manic, awesome muso and great to watch. I can't remember which song but during one of Spitzs moments of concentrating on a lead break - franks behind him taking the piss at how short he is. LOL. I definately got the vibe that Frank, Joey and Danny were buzzed at touring together.

During Indians, joey had the shirt on and then towards the end put on the chiefs head dress, which did not come from the crowd but behind an amp.

Joey introed. diff members of the band to us, and at a later point Danny introed Joey, to which Joey feigned shock at Danny speaking. :D

I really enjoyed watching danny play, and didn't get the vibe that he was there for the money - (they played in Perth that speaks volumes for not being there for the money!) he just seemed to get into the music and yet also acknowledged the crowd many times by giving out picks, hand shakes etc, last song danny holds out the guitar and the guy two doors up from me is strumming the fuck out of it. Not a poser gesture at all, actually seems like a sincere quiet guy, quite refreshing for a lead guitarist!!!

Scott Ian was intense as Melb 2004,kept mainly to the right, and Charlie was as always brilliant. They all lined up together at the end, thanking us. Charlie handed out a few sticks, he did look pretty tired/pale. I know he was sick 2004 tour and I think he was pretty ill last night too. They'll just have to come back again next year, third time lucky!

If you got this far thanks, but apart from the obvious thanks to Anthrax, I really want to say cheers to the punters. Met up with some great people, and some who had travelled from Broome and Tom Price just for the gig - ( that is a fucking long plane trip)I tip my hat to these dudes, the Aussie thraxians and all other Anthrax fans world wide. :headbang:

Couple of things...

If you are gonna stand at the barrier front and middle then you have to be prepared for a different sound than that which they are getting further back - most bands sound best at the PSA desk simply because that is where the guy mixing the sound stands!"!!

In addition if you are the front
- you will only hear Joey from his floor monitors as he has ear monitors to ensure he hears what he needs - in common with most singers these days

- Scott has cabs on his side of the stage, Frank has a cab on his side and Danny has an unusual set up with no onstage cabinets - he also uses his floor monitors and in- ear monitors. So for those of you who struggle to hear Danny cut through when you are the front - this is why!!!!

Secondly - the comment about Joe and Dan getting to the venue in a taxi at different times to the others - this is really usual and no different from when John and Rob were in the band - usually the band will be staying in a hotel somewhere and they will all make up their own minds as to when they go to the venue - the days of bands doing long sound checks are long since over as the crew know how to get all the levels set up anyway!!! Sometimes they do a sound check - sometimes not, it just depends what needs doing!!

hey mark J... thanks for the technical info etc.

and Thraxton... good call all round
to support markJ's commments, I couldnt hear dan, what with being on the right (in front of scott)
but it was a spot on set of comments there thraxton - I agree, and confirm it all to be ture!! and joey appeared sincerely thankful 'for the oportunity given to him by the band' (sort of thing!)
although I only saw 2 crowd surfers... a very small number in my opinion.

but yeh, IT FUCKING ROCKED

Agreed!
however i had numerous crowd surfers pass directly over my head. There was just so much energy on the stage, it was amazing. Joey is the man, he's so bad he should be in detention!!!!

Lol - Cheers guys! Mark J thanks for the sound info too!
Good to meet you @ the gig Uncle Boog, & Reidie look forward to seeing you at the next gig (really hopeful that it won't be another nine years!) Have a great weekend!

UNCLE-BOOG said:
although I only saw 2 crowd surfers... a very small number in my opinion.

but yeh, IT FUCKING ROCKED

I'm with Reidie, we had quite a few surfers dropped onto our heads courtesy of the bouncers.

Anyone know how many people were at the Perth gig?