Peter is God

Merloch

Dec 9, 2003
This isnt exactly Hypocrisy related, but more about pain.

I never gave them a chance fearing that it would taint my views of Peter. I decided to stop being so close minded (like 90% of metal fans are) and give Pain a chance. It turns out that even though very different, Pain is fucking amazing, and further proves that Peter is god, a musical genious. Anyone who hasnt given pain a chance, do yourself a favor and listen some time.

Sham I dont understand how you can love dancing with the dead and hate psalms!

Both album are quite similar in the way they sound and in the overall songs quality, imo

DWTD is the greatest Pain album. The most metallic and heavy. As for Pslams, I found it more pop and gothic that is unacceptable. Maybe it's very cool to listen to it on party while drinking something and so on, but I am a man of death metal taste and I cannot lie to myself.

But DWTD isn't for men of death metal either. The only real "gothic" song is Zombie Slam, and I don't think anything is really poppy.

We are talking about heaviness, and DWTD is the heaviest Pain album.

And by the way, I see hear a little misunderstanding -- I never said I hate Psalms.

I personally think Pain sucks. The music, the lyrics, the style.... nothing about it does anything for me. I've listened and watched video's but it just doesn't appeal to me at all. I actually get embarrassed by watching Pain videos. Whilst Peter's in Hypocrisy he is the almighty one but when he's in Pain he's the fucking Jester and not a very amusing one. Pain's obviously not supposed to be taken seriously but to be honest, I don't care. If the music's crap then I'm not going to listen to it.

I fucking lover Peter! For me hi's a fucking GOD!
And I like PAIN beacuse that was the first thing I heard of him and that brought me to Hypocrisy and death metal.
So I have to thank him for so mutch!

i think the first pain album is more heavy than the others

and i think the same, peter is human but a great fuckin musician and trascendental for the history of death metal and its evolution

talking about Pete, is that him?

kan016.jpg

i've never been a big fan of pain. hypocrisy brought me into 'death metal world' and peter's side projects including pain. i found it interesting knowing what he has done besides hypocrisy and i have to admit, that there actually are some songs on dancing with the dead that i enjoy listening to (no pity, eh?) but my interest in pain is so small that i even haven't listened to any song of the new album except that zombie thingy.

if pain is what helps peter to keep hypocrisy alive or what makes hypocrisy hypocrisy, then, please, let pain be.

peace

edit says:
there's no need to discuss wether one pain cd is heavier than another or why some people don't like psalms although it sounds similar to dancing with the dead or blah. this is called 'taste' and please stop trying to convert members here to love everything peter ever created. it's just annoying.