Petition to reissue the Candlelight records the proper way

Kalabalik

Apr 5, 2003
Belgium
Visit site
I know that this petition probably will have no effect at all. But what I'd really love is that one day the first three Opeth albums will be re-released WITHOUT bonus tracks and with the ORIGINAL artwork. Knowing Roadrunner, this sounds very unlikely but I just needed to vent my opinion.. And hey, you never know.
So.. who shares my grief?

I guess the only way that would happen is if a rich fan bought the rights to them and took care of it himself.

What bothers me is that they could´ve kept the reissues as they where had they only put in a break of 10 sec between the end of the albums and the extra materiel.

jesus, why didn't you bought them, when they were available?

well, here is my suggestion: Buy yourself a CD burner and some blank CD-Rs, it is not a rocket science to make copy without bonus tracks...

or if you really want originals, then go visit eBAy.

Slightly off-topic, has anything been heard about Peaceville doing a DVD-Audio of Still Life?

ZeDzEdZeD said:
jesus, why didn't you bought them, when they were available?

well, here is my suggestion: Buy yourself a CD burner and some blank CD-Rs, it is not a rocket science to make copy without bonus tracks...

or if you really want originals, then go visit eBAy.[/Q
Right on. ;)

The bonus tracks on the first two albums are wretched.... the production is so bad it sounds like Mikael and Peter are farting into their respective microphones at times. I always stop the CD after the last official tracks, and I don't see why that's such a big deal, certainly it doesn't merit an entire series of reissues or anything...

Yeah, the Orchid and Morningrise bonus songs have horrible quality, but the ones on MAYH are cool D:

And I don't know, pretty much always when something gets re-released, regardless of label, there's changes to the art and some bonus tracks, unfortunately.

Yeah, i'm not a fan of the bonus tracks.. I had to order a 1998 copy of MAYH from CenturyBlack so as not to have the bonus tracks. But I hear the booklet is different in the re-issue. How so? Does it have a pic of the band or something?

Steedus said:
Yeah, i'm not a fan of the bonus tracks.. I had to order a 1998 copy of MAYH from CenturyBlack so as not to have the bonus tracks. But I hear the booklet is different in the re-issue. How so? Does it have a pic of the band or something?

it doesn't have a pic, booklet is only one folded sheet. All lyrics are on one page and credits on another.

European original has 2 folded sheets and has very very very blurry picture of the band and of course no logo as it supposed to be :erk:

I have burned myself a copy of blackwater park with bonus tracks, also Katatonia FDGD with EP songs, etc...much more compfortable than changing CDs for 2 or 3 songs. it is not a rocket science, actually I suggest to do so if you listen some album so often that it might get scratches and stuff...
before (when I was dumb) that I managed to get my orig MAYH skipping, when my cd player fell down and CD got huge scratces :erk:

Are the Candlelight releases rare or what?
I have Morningrise and My Arms... from Candlelight.
How many versions are out? I think both have stickers and no logo.

Well I can say this about the original European releases:

Orchid: Sticker, no logo
Morningrise: Sticker, no logo
MAYH: Sticker, no logo
Still Life Logo, no sticker
BWP: Logo, no sticker

As for D&D, I bought the digipacks, which have both logos and stickers

And GR: Logo, no sticker (same world-wide I'm sure)

The Usurper said:
I know that this petition probably will have no effect at all. But what I'd really love is that one day the first three Opeth albums will be re-released WITHOUT bonus tracks and with the ORIGINAL artwork. Knowing Roadrunner, this sounds very unlikely but I just needed to vent my opinion.. And hey, you never know.
So.. who shares my grief?
honestly- who would be stupid enough to pay the same price for less music?

once they put those bonuses on there, taking them away would be bad business sense.

Silent Song said:
honestly- who would be stupid enough to pay the same price for less music?

once they put those bonuses on there, taking them away would be bad business sense.

anyone who doesn't want their albums fucked up by incompatible songs

Johan said:
Well I can say this about the original European releases:

Orchid: Sticker, no logo
Morningrise: Sticker, no logo
MAYH: Sticker, no logo
Still Life Logo, no sticker
BWP: Logo, no sticker

As for D&D, I bought the digipacks, which have both logos and stickers

And GR: Logo, no sticker (same world-wide I'm sure)

None of my copies of Orchid had a sticker on...

Ok first RR doesn't have the right to release any Opeth albums other than GR. So you can forget that. Second I would rather have the extra tracks than not have them even if they do suck. If I am going to listen to the entire album I don't do it with the CDs I do it with the vinyl so having extra songs crop up doesn't bother me. It's a CD, just skip em.

As for the Peaceville Still Life DVDA...other than what was said six months ago I don't know of anything new. But, clearly Peaceville was thinking about it back then. The decision is up to them, not Opeth since they own the rights to it and can rerelease it as they want to....so since they were obviously somewhat interested several months ago, and since then all that's happened is Opeth releasing a critically acclaimed album that is selling better than all of their previous releases, I would say its likely to happen. Let's just hope they get the guy who mixed the Porcupine Tree DVDA's (it wasn't SW.)