Pic of my Guitar Amp collection!!!

In all honestly, I'm surprised your reaction was that light... :lol:

It's one hell of a collection he has, and as much as I'd like to own all of those amps, I know there's a point where it really gets out of hand, especially for someone who is only 21 years old like myself.

Changing cabinets is going to have a much more pronounced effect on tone than changing heads most of the time in a collection that large.

I'm starting to realize that a lot of amps overlap in terms of tonality, so I'm picking my arsenal for maximum tone and versatility.

The only three amps that I have that sound similar are the three 5150's, and at the same settings, they are hard to tell apart, but the 5150 III can do things that the Peaveys cannot. The two Peaveys are different in that the II is bias modded, transformer modded, and has many circuit revisions, which give it a much more broad and warm crunch channel, much more usable mid frequencies, and a better clean.

The real thing you have to do, is find amps based on character, and that's how I have based my collection:

Baron K2: Tight-Dry-Present (This is similar to a VHT)
Baron XTC: Woody-Spongy-Round ("Improved" Bogner XTC clone)
Engl Savage: Aggresive-Tight-Forward- :lol:
EVH 5150 III: Saturated-Versatile-Powerful
Peavey 5150 II: Smooth-Bold-Present
Peavey 5150: Smooth-Grating-Present
Peavey Windsor: British-Middy-Vintage

All I really need is a Deluxe Reverb and an AC30

Cabinets, you get a few different speakers and loading styles:

Mesa Recto Cab: nuff said
Engl Pro Cab: front loaded-aggresive-smooth
G12K100 loaded cabinet: Super tight, low mid and presence focused
EVH 5150 III Cab: Heritage Greenbacks for that smooth, scooped, classic tone

I wouldn't have any space in my room for that many amps, but I congratulate Eddy on his devotion to amplification. That is actually the best amp collection I've ever seen.

The real thing you have to do, is find amps based on character, and that's how I have based my collection:

Mesa Rectifier: Raw-Barky-Grainy
Peavey 5150 III: Saturated-Versatile-Powerful

These all sound like different types of coffee roasts :lol: I hereby declare we start to describe tone in the form of coffee tastes.

You know what-I was just checking my bank account and then looked at this thread...
Felt like a massive kick in the balls by a guy wearing combat boots!

There's a point where owning that many amps becomes completely unnecessary, depending on your usage of course. Eddie, do you actually use ALL of those to record / play? I'm interested to learn how often you use each of those amps/cabs, if at all (your studio setup is stupidly awesome)

For me? I have 2 amps, one for the lovely cleans and the other for some arse tearing tone. Personal use only, little recording but more self enjoyment.

Completely right.
This is more a collection than a necessity, it's like having 5+ guitars but 3 having the same pickups, tuning and sound.
A lot of amps overlap in sound.

Could have only 5 or 6 amps and would cover most of it.
But why stop at 6? :heh:

Sicccckkk!!

You do need a 6505 just for the 1 different digit though haha

Never thought about it :D

roughly £30k on amps...... hmmmm,it is overkill.

I wish that was true :erk:

holy shit

You don't seem to like framus? :p

I never tried one.
I've heard that Killswitch used Framus on some of their albums. I'm a very big fan of their tone, although I think that their hands and arrangements have the biggest influence on their sound... as usual...

Pics are cool and all, but what I really want to hear are some decent clips.

As soon as I have the studio operational again I'm gonna use your Rose Of Sharyn DIs for some reamping tests. They seem very good BTW. Thanks for those if I didn't thank you before :kickass:

I always have the reamping service available :)
BTW, I'm going to have very cheap rates as soon as I start working again.

Meanwhile here is a song of a band I recorded that I like the tone. It's not Metal as you guys like but it has a bgood tone IMO.
It was a mix of 5150, Diezel VH4 and another one that I can't remember at the moment.

http://web.me.com/eduardoapolonia/Eduardo_Apolonia_Public/HCM_files/Ho-Chi-Minh - The End.mp3

very impressive!
easy to tell that you didn't always have to make a living from audio engineering ;)

If I had to make a living from audio engineering for metal bands here in Portugal I don't know if I could have money for even 1 amp and cab :lol:

Is that a 1960tv on the left?
How do you like it Eddy?

Yes it is.
Don't like it for metal with down tuning. The speakers distort very early, aren't tight and the cabinet doesn't handle low frequencies very well. It farts a lot :lol:

yep the amps don't have nice tits and ass.

I want clips not pics (but they are awesome!) :lol:

See reply to Jeff :)

But it still is a nice collection... any amp you're still missing, Eddy?

There are some brands I like that I don't have any amps yet :p
Engl
Framus
VHT
Fortin (thanks Greg for introducing the brand)

:lol:

Ok, now you need to start collecting different drum sets, bass rigs etc. ;)

I don't have room and money left :lol:

It's one hell of a collection he has, and as much as I'd like to own all of those amps, I know there's a point where it really gets out of hand, especially for someone who is only 21 years old like myself.

Changing cabinets is going to have a much more pronounced effect on tone than changing heads most of the time in a collection that large.

I'm starting to realize that a lot of amps overlap in terms of tonality, so I'm picking my arsenal for maximum tone and versatility.

The only three amps that I have that sound similar are the three 5150's, and at the same settings, they are hard to tell apart, but the 5150 III can do things that the Peaveys cannot. The two Peaveys are different in that the II is bias modded, transformer modded, and has many circuit revisions, which give it a much more broad and warm crunch channel, much more usable mid frequencies, and a better clean.

Engl Savage: Aggresive-Tight-Forward-

I wouldn't have any space in my room for that many amps, but I congratulate Eddy on his devotion to amplification. That is actually the best amp collection I've ever seen.

All true. Well said.
But what today seems enough tomorrow isn't :lol:

I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

Peavey 5150 III? ;)