*Pic of my new guitar......

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
pic of my new baritone scale guitar that I will be construction in the near future. I have been working on this design for the last few months in my spare time.:kickass:

It will be aluminum (being as I work in a metal machine shop, I got access to decent priced metals and machines to do the work).

guitarbody05.jpg

I plan to use either an EMG81 or 85, or a Duncan JB.

For the bridge, I'm looking at maybe this....

5846_1lg.jpg

For the neck, maybe this....

BTN132A.jpg

What do yall think.......I can't wait to give this a run:Smokin:

is that it or is there going to be a top on it? im not a fan of the headstock and upper horn. i think you should make the upper horn more the size of the lower one, and do an LP esque headstock.

that fixed bridge is really interesting, who makes it? looks like a neat project... and my plastic friends was the first dallas band i saw since i moved back in december, great show.

Fender used to make Aluminum bodies Strats and Teles in the 90's and they are pretty collectible nowadays...I remember playing one and it wasn't bad at all...They were actually hollow aluminum boies, too.

Interested to see how it plays. And that bridge is pretty swift. ALthough, it looks like IF you used that bridge, the string throughs on the body wouldn't be necessary, would they?

nwright said:
ALthough, it looks like IF you used that bridge, the string throughs on the body wouldn't be necessary, would they?

true, I just have the holes there as an option (if I got with tuneomatic or something):loco:

I was gonna get a doner baritone guitar for parts, but it is hard to find a decent bolt-on neck baritone these days.
A Jackson Dk27 or Schecter Damien EX would do, but they are hardddd to find:zombie: I can't even find them on Ebay!:cry:
......hense, I will probably get some Warmoth shit.