pic thread...

Agreed about tha face, but then again, I see faces everywhere, and hear voices too ;)

@DWD... NP, you tried...:) and that´s good for me..:)

@blackspirit... Yeah, just that sort of thingies...:) and yeah, hellowa interesting! ;) we learn new interesting things all the time ( if we are not to occupied with saving mooses...:lol: )

-phyros ( needs air -opens a window...)

Originally posted by Morgana
norge13.jpg

Hey, Morgana!
I checked out the German Holger Klaes pics! Lovely stuff.
Very nice. The architecture is just amazing.

Yeah - and this pic from Oslo. Here you are standing at the top of
the stairs right? It's not a big stairway and stuff, but if u use a
snow board (like the ones children use, u know. Forgot the name)
..then u can ride down there with great speed!
We did this like 6 months ago, and it was really fun. There was no
snow either. :D
Almost broke my back 1th time, he he

It was fun! Childish stuff like that usually is :D
And it was cool that these Japanese tourists took lots of pics
of us doing this. Recommended :D

:lol: Do you actually know why they take a lot of pics? I mean they are sorta famous for it, but it comes from a sad fact. They do not get much holidays from the companies they work for. Mostly it's 10 days for a year when they start. Each year they are at the company they get 1 extra day. If you loose a job, tough, you start with 10 days again. Very rare comanies give more days at the begin. Anyway, if the Japanese got on vacation, they like to see a lot in a short time. So what they do is taking as much photos as possible. When they come home from an actually stressful vacation, they will take the time, relax and look at those pictures and be happy where they have been...

They get about the same amount of vacation as we do. (Unless the 10 days counts actual holidays).

Actually, that kinda brings up a pet peeve of mine. Normally I don't mind British English (I kinda prefer it a bit), but their habit of calling Vacations 'Holidays' drives me nuts. It totally ignores the entymology, and then what do you call actual holidays?

Well I don't mind about them calling vacation holidays, actually I grew up with the word holidays...

I have 30 days (six weeks) payed days I can take off, plus I get a bonus for vacation :)
Then we have some holidays... :p

I dunno if the 10 days vacation in Japan is just those days or inclusive holidays, have to ask my friend about it again...

I have a really close friend who is from Japan! I asked him once why he took so many photos and he claimed it was because everything in Japan looks the same. He said all the buildings, the people everything all looks the same for the most part so they love to get photos of different things when they travel.

Nice pics, Morg!! Especially the tree!! That one was really cute!! Hehe, I think it looked like a troll..... Nice!! :D Though I feel kinda bad for it, if it's sick..... Poor tree..... :cry:

I guess they say holidays, becasue when they had time off before, it was because it was indeed holydays. They would work the rest of the time. (Lucky for them that they had a religion.....) It's not so weird.

Smth that _is_ weird, though ( :p ), is that some ppl say first floor for second floor, as if the first floor isn't a floor at all! Hehe.....

Originally posted by Fjelltussa
I guess they say holidays, becasue when they had time off before, it was because it was indeed holydays. They would work the rest of the time. (Lucky for them that they had a religion.....) It's not so weird.

Oh, I know that's where holidays came from, but that would make sense for state and bank holidays. (OK, they're not so holy any more, but they used to be). Random time off work is not so holy :), so vacations... where you vacate your current position (temporarily, one hopes!) for no good reason.

(sorry, but I'll fight you to the death on this one. :) )