Picked up Alive 2 yesterday

reidie

Apr 2, 2005
Australia
I know its a bit late, but it takes a while to get these releases down under. Anyway heres my two cents.

Alive 2 is the best release (tied with WCFYA) from anthrax since SOWN.

It just crushes, every song is a tight as fuck and everyone looks like they are having a great time. Joeys voice is more aggresive now, and he still manages to hit the high notes in AIR, I am the law etc. (Granted not like he did in the old days, but he still manages to pull it off :headbang: )

In comparison to MOMD, id say alive 2 takes the cake. The filming is alot better on Alive 2, no split sreens and camera effects. However the crowd is too low in the mix, they should have especially beefed it up at the start of Be all end all. (But at least it not at the unrealistic levels that seem to pop up here and there in MOMD)

The interveiws and extras are worth the money alone, its just a fucking huge bonus that you get a free live show on top of them.

Highlight of the DVD is after i'm the man, in which scott said everything from now on is going to be maiden, joey jokingly sings "I walked alone, my mind was blank" :lol: :headbang: