Pickup wiring

Polpotkin

Hit'er in the shitter
Dec 12, 2005
Sweden
www.myspace.com
I'm about to install some new pickups on my Les Paul. Tried to find a wiring diagram on how I want it set up but it's a jungle so I figured someone here might know. 2 hum, 4 pots, 3-way switch.

My idea is to have the bridge pickup at "treble", neck at "rythm" and middle mode as a coil (like position 2 or 4 on a 5-way).
Anyone knows how to do this?

You can't do the coil split thing without something like this and it's going to be way less of a jungle now than it is after you're done.

Your best bet would be to leave the 3-way as is (neck/both/bridge) and add a push-pull to split the coils; one push-pull could split both or you could have individual push-pulls on each pickup's individual volume pot.

You can't do the coil split thing without something like this and it's going to be way less of a jungle now than it is after you're done.

Your best bet would be to leave the 3-way as is (neck/both/bridge) and add a push-pull to split the coils; one push-pull could split both or you could have individual push-pulls on each pickup's individual volume pot.

Yeah, what Jeff said. There is no way to to accomplish that with a simple 3 way toggle. PP's are the way to go and give more flexibility.