pickups

Bored

Jul 21, 2004
sorry for the dumb question just wanna check.. mikeal has sh 10 in brdige and sh 2 in neck position right?

thanks guys

what u think of sh2 in the bridge position along with sh 10 in bridge? opinions anyone?

depends on the sound youre trying to achieve. i think seymour duncans are ok, but a bit overrated. however, i assume youre trying to get the opeth sound if youre asking about his exact setup of pickups. however, its still not going to be complete...the guitar, amp, distortion, strings, etc all have a part in this...

i know that ... however i was just wondering if anyone has that combo or know how they wwork together? i think they would work well.. thoughts?

Haven't tried out those specific ones, but Im a Duncan whore. I have a Custom in the bridge and a 59 in the neck of my Les Paul which I use for jazz and rock (sometimes metal playing) with bands, and I just put in a JB into the bridge of my RR and will fit it with a Jazz in the neck, I just love the clarity of SD, that's why I use them. Very versatile pickups, they have a pup to suit your every need.

well, according to the website its an sh-10 (full shred). it doesn't specify what position its in...but i would assume that it would be in the bridge for sure...but i couldn't imagine sticking a pickup like that in the neck...but then again, who knows...

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Haven't tried out those specific ones, but Im a Duncan whore. I have a Custom in the bridge and a 59 in the neck of my Les Paul which I use for jazz and rock (sometimes metal playing) with bands, and I just put in a JB into the bridge of my RR and will fit it with a Jazz in the neck, I just love the clarity of SD, that's why I use them. Very versatile pickups, they have a pup to suit your every need.

how does that custom sound? i am considering a custom custom....have you ever tried that one?

hmm i think ill take a gamble with sh10 bridge and sh2 in neck... ill post the results of te combo as soon as i get them.. plus if they dont work out too well..THERES ALWAYS EBay :worship:

tone comes from
hand.jpg
not from
TB-12-bfe214d4587cb140b3f37151def841df.JPG

i didnt care too much for the sh2 in the neck when i had it. i put it on ebay and grabbed a full shred. but yes, mike uses a full shred in both positions, just look at any bootlegs where he uses his blue prs, and the dvd.