pics from iraq and kuwait

On another note, the big transport plane (C-17) is made right here in our yard in Long Beach, California.

i scream for long beach then! thanks, i'd forgotten what that big bird was called. :kickass:
we were fortunate (or unlucky cuz i wanted to feel the g's) not to experience the extreme corkscrew defensive landing maneuvers cuz visability was low. there's no windows in the back so it was cool they let us sit up on the flight deck with the headphones on and chat on the mic while flying to baghdad - got a great view of the tigris and euphrates too.
the cargo area on the tarmac is a sweatbox w/no ac. 135+ with body armour and helmet on makes for a long ride. you also enter and exit the plane from the real ramp with jets running so it like walking thru hell. our last ride it took all i had to walk up that ramp :lol: following the soldiers helped me move those legs :lol:

Very cool that Chris (EL Dumpero!) made the trip with you all! Did he meet up with his brother? Why doesn't he post anymore?:lol:
I think you all are wonderful to take the time to entertain the troops and all in Iraq!:headbang::kickass::worship:

ty we think your wonderful too john :)
yeah chris got a new nickname - minimark - and wore all the hats like a pro. i don't think his brother was stationed out there anymore tho.

wanda and i detonated 50 pounds of various explosives at qwest
iraq_kuwait070108_qwestDets.jpg

before we pulled the trigger and got the fuck outta there
iraq_kuwait070108_qwestSnW.jpg

Somebody needs to fix the calender setting on their camera. The file claims that last picture was taken Jan 4, 2003! Over 2 months before our (censored) invasion!

Mini Mark!!:lol: That's funny!!:lol: Did you and Wanda really get to blow that stuff up!!???!!! Isn't that the COOLEST!!! Before coming back out this 3rd time, I went to the recruiting offices looking to enlist for this MO. Did you get to see the toys they have for locating IEDs and explosives as well? Cool stuff!! EOD sodiers are so frickin' cool as well! Well, they all told me I was too old except for the Guard, and they don't play with explosives:mad:.
Thanks for the pix, I hope you have more!:kickass:

Man that 240B is bigger than she is. Looks awesome though.

And it is amazing how everyone takes the same pic on Saddams throne in the Al Faw palace.

Looks like overall everyone had a blast. i am down do 116 days and counting then i am finally out of here. 15 months is just way too long.

See you all next year on tour.

Duck

qwest detonation from my cam. i think he said we moved back 800 meters - "aren't you glad" :lol: they warned us to listen for a high pitch whistle after it went off cuz thats approaching shrapnel. i didn't hear it then but you can hear it on the vid around 21 seconds into it. is that the piece of land mine that went flying over the berm to the left or linda's feedback trick?

Last edited by a moderator:
You girls did an amazing job while you were here . It was great to hear a band from from my hometown of LA :headbang: . Keep up the good work and i'll be sure catch you in concert when I get home from the worlds biggest sandbox.

Sailorjohnkuwait..