Piracy

The Serpent King said:
I only buy MP games

Which means manufacturers will be encouraged to introduce multiplayer aspects to their games, and therefore replay value will increase! Woo!

hypocrisy86 said:
I'am Anti-Piracy, i buy.
A good thing about this whole p2p/ftp/download-wave is that one can TRY before one BUY.

One can weed out the crap, so to speak! :)

Gronke said:
A good thing about this whole p2p/ftp/download-wave is that one can TRY before one BUY.

One can weed out the crap, so to speak! :)

Or just wait untill a demo comes out and plays it...
And besides if you DL it, you don't have to buy it, if you have the Full version, not unless if you want to play MP.... I just like to buy the retail.

hypocrisy86 said:
Or just wait untill a demo comes out and plays it...
And besides if you DL it, you don't have to buy it, if you have the Full version, not unless if you want to play MP.... I just like to buy the retail.
The demo-point is a good one, even though I personally prefer to try the whole game, so to speak. Also, as you mentioned, the pirated game often comes out before the demo, which is a bit strange, but it happens.

Anyways; retail is the best - for sure!!!

Gronke said:
The demo-point is a good one, even though I personally prefer to try the whole game, so to speak. Also, as you mentioned, the pirated game often comes out before the demo, which is a bit strange, but it happens.

Anyways; retail is the best - for sure!!!

Yea kinda weird the pirated ones come out weeks/months before the Release of the game, making more people want to download it..
not to mention this year was a year where 20-30% more people pirated some games than any other year from what i know..
sometimes i'll download small full games.. but when it comes to a good solid game i'd rather purchase it.

hypocrisy86 said:
Yea kinda weird the pirated ones come out weeks/months before the Release of the game, making more people want to download it..
not to mention this year was a year where 20-30% more people pirated some games than any other year from what i know..
sometimes i'll download small full games.. but when it comes to a good solid game i'd rather purchase it.
I can say that everyone I know who have a fast Internet connection download all their games, movies (DVD) and music for that matter.

It's quite sad, but that's how it is...