What do you guys think about piracy?

Piracy? Awesome!!!

5519008.jpg

No, seriously, of course it sucks.
Real Metalheads support the talented bands and buy the real thing, whatever they download/burn.

(See the Exciter thread about this topic as well.)

You can Find most of my opinion on the subject in the exciter thread but I will add this ..... My X used to Download songs Day and Night Prolly still does and she has no intention of EVER going out and buying the albums That is wrong! Terribly, that is totally stealing ... but Its a great way of finding out about and Hearing Artists so it does have its purpose

there is definatly something to be said for the "try before you buy"approach.
i,ve been given burned albums before,and any that i like,i've always gone and brought the origionals,because it supports the band.
gotta be done

Being a musician - I wouldn't want anyone copying my music on a large-scale basis (internet sharing) unless I decided it was OK...but also - piracy is going to get my music out there to people who normally wouldn't hear it, so on that hand it's a good thing.

I think at the end of the day if the artists decides it's OK - then it's not piracy anymore...

I rarley burn, only when the album sucks but has like 2 good tracks in it, 3 or more, I buy is generally the rule. But for us (the metalheads) a cd costs between 11 and 13$ (at least for me it does) and it sounds like a decent price although the ideal would be 10$ for me, so I buy, but the burning/stealing problem revolves around pop and mainstream because their weak cds cost from 16 to 19$!!!!! and only have 1 single which means the rest of the cd sucks!!.

bottom line: I dont think the problem refers to metal significantly because we arent the ones buying that ridiculously weak and expensive crap.

Igor_Cavalera said:
I'm interested to hear what you guys think about piracy in the music industry and weather you burn CDs/share mp3s etc.

Do tell :D
I'm in favor as long is against pop (hip-hop, rap, dance, trance, etc.) artists :devil:

I'm against if is metal bands, as a collector I believe everybody should be purchasing the albums, is a duty! :headbang:

I don't share, but I may copy an album for a friend who barely make money for the family and I believe he shouldn't be wasting money in CDs, but I believe also in spreading the gospel of metal, so...

P.S. As for software piracy, not only I'm in favor...

I PROUDLY COPY THE DAMN PROGRAMS!

Igor_Cavalera said:
I'm interested to hear what you guys think about piracy in the music industry and weather you burn CDs/share mp3s etc.

Do tell :D

I have this phiosophy: I download music all of the time from the net. If I like it, I buy it 100% of the time (unless it is unavailable as in out of print.) I believe in the freedom of the net, but I respect the artists I like enough to financially support them.

Bryant

I try to buy as much as possible. Problem is that there's so much stuff...Need to choose between a car and a metal haul next time I think ... Anyway, I think if you buy CD's on a regular base it's ok, if you download everything without ever buying music than you'r wrong.

Bryant said:
I have this phiosophy: I download music all of the time from the net. If I like it, I buy it 100% of the time (unless it is unavailable as in out of print.) I believe in the freedom of the net, but I respect the artists I like enough to financially support them.

Bryant

Exzactly good buddy!