Pizza vs. Burgers

^ BTW Max: did you eat some healthy mediteranean food while in israel, other than meat/meat/meat?

Well, honestly I found our fooding options to be kind of limited. At least the restaurants in Old Jerusalem were, and thats where we were staying. Also, I'm always hesitant to order something that I have no idea what it is. I did that once in Jordan and ended up with this really disgusting hunk of lamb fat and bone.

Max, you really need to come there again, this time when I'm there on my yearly visit.
Not only I'll take you to bars/ shows etc, but I know Israel's land scape like the back of my hand...
I can take you to places tourist don't go to... natural creeks, ruins on top of mountains so little know about,
awesome caves with paintings... ooooh you should go again!!!

Max, you really need to come there again, this time when I'm there on my yearly visit.

Not only I'll take you to bars/ shows etc, but I know Israel's land scape like the back of my hand...

I can take you to places tourist don't go to... natural creeks, ruins on top of mountains so little know about,

awesome caves with paintings... ooooh you should go again!!!
I wanna go too.

Someone please explain to me the goodness of these pizzas you guys are all raving about. Every pizza I've ever had in the US has been kinda meh, but maybe I'm eating in the wrong places. To be honest, I've NEVER in my entire life EVER had a pizza that was so good that I would say it's the best in the world, even here. Fuck it, I'm going to Puglia this summer and I'll let you all know if it's just a bunch of hype or if it's really that good.

Also, what makes a great pizza? Is it the heaviness or lightness of it? The crust? The ingredients?

If you tell me that the best pizza in the world has thick crust, you're all so fired and I will never believe anything you say again.

Someone please explain to me the goodness of these pizzas you guys are all raving about. Every pizza I've ever had in the US has been kinda meh, but maybe I'm eating in the wrong places. To be honest, I've NEVER in my entire life EVER had a pizza that was so good that I would say it's the best in the world, even here. Fuck it, I'm going to Puglia this summer and I'll let you all know if it's just a bunch of hype or if it's really that good.

Also, what makes a great pizza? Is it the heaviness or lightness of it? The crust? The ingredients?

If you tell me that the best pizza in the world has thick crust, you're all so fired and I will never believe anything you say again.
Maybe you just don't like pizza as much as them.

Its the flavor in your mouth!

Maybe you just don't like pizza as much as them.

Maybe not. I mean, every time I eat pizza in the US, it's not bad and actually really good in some places, but every single time I feel like I just ate a fucking brick.

Here I can eat two pizzas in a row and not feel like I do with American pizza. Think I need to take a trip to NY and see what everyone's been raving about.

Pizza should be greasy from the cheese, not anything else. The pasta should be light, crispy but not crunchy and with a soft texture at the same time. Every pizza I've ever eaten back home has been more of a "junk food" kind of pizza...the kind that are really good but you can feel your arteries clogging as you eat.

Chris: naturally you know I did not mean any Papa-Jones/ Domino's/ Hut CRAP when I made that statement...

I meant gormet pizzas in restaurants all over. Those are the best.
In fact, Best pizza in the world (at least in my opinion) is from this place that I so-frequently visit:

http://www.faccialuna.com/

BEST. EVER.

Everything on this thing is damn perfection.

Fuck yeah...those pizzas look really good...they're the same types of pizza we have here and it definitely looks like they know how to make them.

Also, the other things on the menu are things we eat here as well, not Americanized or anything...hmmmm...I'm curious now. I may just have to come to DC soon!

Fuck yeah...those pizzas look really good...they're the same types of pizza we have here and it definitely looks like they know how to make them.

Also, the other things on the menu are things we eat here as well, not Americanized or anything...hmmmm...I'm curious now. I may just have to come to DC soon!

Yeah Faccia Luna is local and NOT a chain (I despise chain-restaurants)
Food is awesome, Pizza is PERFECTION, and the bartender charges me a symbolic $5 for my wine orders every time (Thanks Adam!)
Of course then he gets a huge tip, but still: a fiver for 3 glasses of wine is marvelous :loco:

Chris: definitely!! I'd be my pleasure :)

I really wanted to go to Faccia Luna tonight with some friends and have my pizza and wine, but alas, I need to study for an exam in Print Production, and write a paper about
4 artists in late 1800s.... I'm doomed.

BBQ chicken wheat-dough skillet pizza

P1000930.jpg

P1000934.jpg

mmmmmm friskies