Platinum Live show review

Ray From Texas

New Metal Member
Oct 20, 2003
Moorpark CA
Visit site
Man on man, if you wudn't there, you missed a night of kick ass music! To get us started, Yesterday's Child provided us old folks with some 60s/70s rock and roll, ala Cream, Bowie, etc. Next up were the Queensryche trib band Empyre. I like these guys! They rocked the joint! Up next were Forever Say Die, a tribute to Black Sabbath. Great musicians and heavy too. So now the crowd is pumped and primed for some metal...and out came our girls for a first rate set!

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight (then turn yer clocks back one hour!)
The Trooper (complete with flag waving by Jen!)
22 Acacia Avenue (where I am gonna find my next date!)
Killers
Hallowed Be Thy Name (and a swinger of a skeleton)
Running Free
Phantom Of The (Rock) Opera
Murders In Da (Kanga)Roo Morgue
Wasted Years
Children Of The (Gosh Darn) Damned
# Of The Beast
Run To The (Burning) Hills

Tony from Prophecy assisted on vocals a few times (from the audience). Thanx dude!!! :tickled: Jen put on a great show even though she was under the weather. Great job :) !!! Now get some rest and that's an order!!! Linda got a little "kinky" with Shelly after the show... :loco: ...put that bottle away!!! Angel won the CD drawing (Piece Of Mind) and photo will be forthcoming soonly. Eddie The 'Ead was nuts tonight! Had us all cracking up in the lobby after the show. A small crowd but great support from them. They wanted to hear the Maiden tunez....and the great sound sytem of Platinum Live delivers it!

Come see the ladies at the Halloween show coming soon. You can win tickets on the main website. Until then....my eyes are full of smoke (cough cough) up here in Moorpark o_O ....see ya later ladies! :wave:

yeah... EDDIE WAS HILARIOUS!!! "A Chorus Line" meets Evil Dead...

The Maidens and Empyre destroyed the other 2 bands. Yesterday's Child and Forever Say Die killed a few of my faves... I had to avert my eyes when they butchered Gimme Shelter by the Stones... and the Sabbath boys should be a Dio Sabbath tribute since the singer's voice is better suited for that...

Thanks for coming out Keyser and Ray...what a fun night eventhough this smokey fumey air is giving me insane migraines and some weird neurological problems. I wonder if I'm allergic to that too...anyway...thanks to Nana for the Aleve and I felt much better by the time that kicked in to have fun up there, put on a great show and see normally. Now everyone stay out of that AIR!

Eddie had us in stitches backstage as well. I couldn't stop laughing which was not a good thing considering how my throat felt.

Thanks to Jeff Milne for the videotape from McFly of the Jam Night.

Super extra special thanks to Linda for the miso soup and the Aleve earlier that evening. I don't think I would have made it through the gig without either. Not much fun having a 101 F temperature and the air certainly isn't helping out, either.

Eddie was in rare form!! Good to see familiar faces again at Platinum Live! Ray, sure you don't wanna sing with us next time? hehe Mistaken identity at it's finest! Gary, thanks for the drum snot! Neat stuff! Smylex, you're welcome. It sucked to see you feeling so down. Not like you! Glad you felt well enough during the set to play Tap the Smylex w/me! Thanks! Hope you're feeling better. Other than a smokey head, I feel just about good again too.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Eddie was in rare form!! Good to see familiar faces again at Platinum Live! Ray, sure you don't wanna sing with us next time? hehe Mistaken identity at it's finest! Gary, thanks for the drum snot! Neat stuff! Smylex, you're welcome. It sucked to see you feeling so down. Not like you! Glad you felt well enough during the set to play Tap the Smylex w/me! Thanks! Hope you're feeling better. Other than a smokey head, I feel just about good again too.
Still running the fever, got a snotty nose and the sore throat has returned. I think it's time for more soup after guitar class. :D

[b said:
Doodoobubbachuck[/b]]Gary, thanks forthe drum snot! Neat stuff. :D
Hey no problem, I work more of that up with no problem :)

It is cool stuff and it is called moon gels. Beats richie rings any day of the week plus they stick to whatever, or whomever, you throw them at! \m/

The Gare said:
It is cool stuff and it is called moon gels. Beats richie rings any day of the week plus they stick to whatever, or whomever, you throw them at! \m/
Can it be used as a substitute for Super Glue, though? :D

Man oh man I am sorry that I missed this show! I can only imagine how good they must have sounded in 5.1 Surround Sound. They sounded incredible last night in SD. No more missing any shows for me!