Playing benighted on the guitar

Mar 4, 2004
UK, devon
Hey, I'm having real trouble playing the fast flowing part that's in the intro. It incorporates 3 slides done 1 after the other. last string 3rd to 2nd fret, 2nd to last string, 3rd to 5th, 3rd to last string 4th to the 2nd fret.

I can do the slides no problem, it's just when I size it up to the recording it sounds so inferiour and nothing like it (the rest of it is okay).

If anyone out there can play this and could give me some advice on how to play this i'd be most grateful (i';m playing on a nylon string acoustic).

etotheipiequalsminus1 said:
i guess it could have something to do with the fact that their guitar's are worth about $2700 more than mine :p
ha!! i was going to say that before i saw you had already written it. my advice is to practice over and over and over. im currently learning godheads lament. maybe we could get together and have a really shitty-sounding still life cover jam. say, that reminds me, try playing the part of godheads lament starting at 3:44. it is fairly easy and sounds really nice.
note: see taborama.com

moonlapse: good point. for the record, whoever does taboramas is pretty good. ive only found a few mistakes. i cant vouche for the other tab sites....theyre not free.

You could use hammer-ons for that part of Benighted... Try different tabs.

Who is going to know if you play it wrong? Seriously, if you can get it sounding ok but not necessarily right then thats ok. There is no point getting things perfect with songs like these cos this one in particular I found was very hard to memorise so it might be better just to focus on that.

i agree with eternal dragon...
etotheipiequalsminus1 said:
Dorian: sure I'm playing it now!! not very well tho. my fingers are still a bit weak for barre chords.
Do you have MSN messenger or anything?
you mean youre playing the part i suggested? its cool isnt it? ive had it in my head the past couple days at work and i practiced with my air guitar. i got some strange looks for that.
its not as easy as i said it was...at first anyway. once you get the fingering down, it does get a lot easier and sounds alot better. not to worry.
i dont know what MSN messenger is. i am a computer retard. im amazed that i actually found this website. i have an aol email address though. i think its in my profile.
other fun parts to play: the intro to the funeral portait......

that sliding part I use my first finger for the first slide and my second finger for the second slide and my first finger for the third.....
once you get your certain pattern or method down...just train your fingers to play it that way and it WILL eventually come.

Ok, thanks i'll keep practising, it's actually starting to sound better which is good. I'm working on the stuff later on aswell. like the chorus guitar lines etc.

Msn messenger is an instant messenging program.