playing Opeth backwards -

La Rocque

I am that I am
May 22, 2004
an exit to eternal summer slacking
I don't know if this has been posted before?
If so I can't find it?

In the July 10 - 24 Rolling Stone magazine it reads ...
Opeth ...
Play "Hessian Peel" backwards on the new disc by
Swedish metal gods and you'll hear a message
"My sweet Satan, I see you".

I don't know if its a bunch of BS or what?
plus I don't know how to play a CD backwards
On a persoanl note, I do not believe in Satan(I know that's a bunch of BS)
Great CD btw -

sigh, ftlog. there is atleast 8 threads made about this stupid topic. please search past the first page of this forum...

Yeah he does say something like "My Sweet Satan, I See You"

But I'm under the impression that it's a clever Led Zeppelin reference.

I haven't heard it, but I can say that stuff like that is usually just people making themselves think that it has some secret satanic message. Mike is an Atheist, so I doubt it was purposely driven in any way. I also don't believe it's a nod to Led Zeppelin, because doing something like that intentionally is pretty tough.

I haven't heard it, but I can say that stuff like that is usually just people making themselves think that it has some secret satanic message. Mike is an Atheist, so I doubt it was purposely driven in any way. I also don't believe it's a nod to Led Zeppelin, because doing something like that intentionally is pretty tough.

Not really. You just have to say the words "My sweet Satan" and listen to them backwards and say that.

I think it's intentional, kind of a joke or a nod towards Zeppelin and the like.

Not really. You just have to say the words "My sweet Satan" and listen to them backwards and say that.

I think it's intentional, kind of a joke or a nod towards Zeppelin and the like.

I just listened to it and I've changed my mind, haha! I see it as a joke. We all know Mike is not a satanist, and we can clearly see that the whole backwards played part on the song was intentional. He knew people would be like "Hmmmm.....wonder what he says if we reverse it?". Haha! I'm a Christian, but I still think it's a clever thing to do. I, personally, take no offense to it. I still listen to Stairway To Heaven even though the whole issue with all that being played backwards.

I don't see it as a joke (otherwise it would suck, I guess) because that part of the song is just great, and therefore it must be some kind of metaphor ;) I hope so. Satan doesn't necesserly means the red... goat.

EDIT : Someone should just put the real lyrics on Darklyrics.com!
DOUBLE EDIT : Oh well, I think its done now.

I think it's quite lame. Would of been cool if they hid it well but now you pretty much just instantly know whats its about cause you hear it so clearly.

they r satenist!!!:ill::ill::ill::ill::ill::ill::ill::ill:

why r they sataning the song :zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

i read the newspaper at the hairdress that say satn is strong and he worshipped by youngs............ and i hear opeth satenists :ill::ill::ill:

Which part of the track? I cannot be bothered listening to it all backwards, but it is easy to do on PCDJ...

Just for the record, anyone that is affected by a recorded artist's possible religious interpretations and let's it affect their life choices, perhaps should not be testing their boundaries...

they r satenist!!!:ill::ill::ill::ill::ill::ill::ill::ill:

why r they sataning the song :zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

i read the newspaper at the hairdress that say satn is strong and he worshipped by youngs............ and i hear opeth satenists :ill::ill::ill:

Clearly you are a troll. Please do not post even one more piece of spam or a ban will incur.

Which part of the track? I cannot be bothered listening to it all backwards, but it is easy to do on PCDJ...

Just for the record, anyone that is affected by a recorded artist's possible religious interpretations and let's it affect their life choices, perhaps should not be testing their boundaries...

Just listen to the song... it's quite obvious. IT'S THE BACKWARDS PART.