playing Opeth backwards -

Just listen to the song... it's quite obvious. IT'S THE BACKWARDS PART.

It's obvious that Mike was not hiding it at all. Actually, I had feeling he pulled something like that when I first heard the backwards part in the song. It's clearly intentional. Like I said earlier, Mike is an Atheist and we all know that.

why r they sataning the song :zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

Exactly! Such perfect structure and great meaning. "Why r they sataning the song".

Anyway, I don't think Mike had any intension to brainwash people or something like that, he is a declared atheist after all. Plus, as many people said, it's way too obvious. If his aim was to pass messages into poor listeners' minds without being unraveled, he would have made it a bit more subtle.

Well, in all honesty, I don't think their intention was to make us believe they are satanists or shit like that... come on, Mike has always used to "joke" with ppl like this... imho just a non-sense to make lot of fun out of it :)

Not sure why anyone is still discussing this as an issue of intentions. Obviously it was intended for show, it wasn't hidden, and this thread has appeared on this forum numerous times. Old news people.

Satanism is a sub-religion for sheep and hot topic kids. I believe Mike's said the guys aren't religious. I don't know about the 3 new members but it was that way for old Opeth anyway. He said they just do it for show.

Satanism is a sub-religion for sheep and hot topic kids. I believe Mike's said the guys aren't religious. I don't know about the 3 new members but it was that way for old Opeth anyway. He said they just do it for show.

:lol:

Sheep and Hot Topic kids. LOL! That's pretty good, but accurate.