Please help - In search of guitar solo

smp156

New Metal Member
Apr 13, 2006
i was tuning around the left hand of the radio dial in the nyc area and stumbled over what must have been the gaping maw of hell reaching out from my radio's speakers to devour all of humanity.
i am not exaggerating. this shit made me want to hide under my bed.
i have NEVER heard anything like this before. it was an extended guitar solo that closed out the song. it was at least 2 minutes long. i don't know what the first part of the song was; if it was an instrumental or what. it was fast, Fast, FAST! and it sounded dementedly evil. i never heard the dj announce the name of the band. i called the station, i emailed. never got a response.

from the little i've heard of malevolent creation, which is their Still Born album (yes, i know what you all are gonna say, "that album is their worst ever", but i like it), the guitar solo sounded something like what they might play. fitting especially well with songs like dominated resurgency, ethnic cleansing, stillborn or disciple of abhorrence.
the solo had a really deep groove behind it, but it wasn't a slow groove like stoner metal.
some peole over at rawfacemetal.com suggested morbid angel. i checked out some sound clips on amazon. Trey's solos seem to have more blues or classical influence. and what i heard of this anonnymous guitar solo sounded more precise, like i could hear every note being played.
someone else suggested slayer. but i don't think it was kerry either.

i know, this is a dumb question, but i was really hoping that this description might ring a bell with someone out there who really knows their stuff

i appreciate any help you might have

-seth

Could it possibly have been Malevolent Creation's earlier albums: The Ten Commandments and Retribution? A lot of metal has fast solos so your question is pretty vague. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Also, you have a radio station that plays Metal?

holy cow, i sure as hell hope it wasn't wingwie. and sure as sh1t didn't sound like that either. unless he's been recently possessed by Pazuzu

cookiecutter, it sounded a whole lot like malevolent creation. i just realized, i do have Warkult (bought it because i thought it might be on that one), but from what i remember, W.K. doesn't have any solos on it. i also have Best Of, which is the compilation of their first 3 albums. of course it may be one of the other songs off of 10 commandments or retribution. and it sure as heck sounded like it could have been MC.

yeah, it is a really vague question, but the solo was loooonnnng though (and i wasn't even stoned, hahahaha) and it came at the end of the song.

i haven't found that station since. and i don't remember its call letters.

smp156 said:
cookiecutter, it sounded a whole lot like malevolent creation. i just realized, i do have Warkult (bought it because i thought it might be on that one), but from what i remember, W.K. doesn't have any solos on it. i also have Best Of, which is the compilation of their first 3 albums. of course it may be one of the other songs off of 10 commandments or retribution. and it sure as heck sounded like it could have been MC.

yeah, it is a really vague question, but the solo was loooonnnng though (and i wasn't even stoned, hahahaha) and it came at the end of the song.

i haven't found that station since. and i don't remember its call letters.

Wow that's wierd. Those are the two MC albums I have :headbang: