Fave Guitar Solo?

i like the solo in god gave rock n roll to you by kiss :ill::erk:o_O it's not hard or complex by any stretch of the imagination but it is just....sounds perfect for the song i reckon.

Nevermore have some awesome solo's. Deconstruction....awesome swap between the clean and distorted solo's. jeff loomis plays some really nice smooth sweeps and the vast majority of his solo's have a good sense of direction and compliment the song well. Ambivalent, the river dragon, this sacrement....heaps more.

and yeah death have some cool leads too. i like the Lack of Comprehension lead, pantera have good leads....yeah alot of others.

metalicarus88 said:
Zakk Wylde sucks!, is the solo better than Judas Priest"Ram it Down" and the ones on testaments record the legacy, there are so much great solos, I cannot name them all.

................that makes no sense for just so many reasons

how about, 'just another brick in the wall' solo by Dave Gilmour?

and as for metal solos ......embodiment by Bill Steer and Mike Ammott in carcass

1) Michael Jackson-Beat It(Eddie Van Halen)
2) Iron Maiden-Powerslave(Dave Murray)
3) Guns N Roses-Sweet Child O' Mine(Izzy, Slash)
4) Helloween-Keeper Of The 7 Keys(Kai Hansen)
5) Van Halen-Hot For Teacher(Eddie Van Halen)
6) Deep Purple-Highway Star(Ritchie Blackmore)
7) Gamma Ray-Changes(Kai Hansen)
8) Deep Purple-Child In Time(Ritchie Blackmore)
9) Helloween-Halloween(Kai Hansen)
10) Van Halen-I'll Wait(Eddie Van Halen)

Death - Paul Masvidal on Cosmic Sea and Vacant Planets
Death - Perennial Quest (both)
Cynic - Jason (I think?) - How Could I
Carcass - Bill Steer on Embodiment and This Mortal Coil
Arch Enemy - Dark of the Sun

Anything Michael Romeo does(Symphony X) is badass. He comes up with some sick solos.

Another favorite riffer is Dan Swano. I love his solos(and everything else) in Nightingale. Shawowman and Gameover are :cool:.

van halen= eruption!!!

Steve vai - ballerina

GNR- ESTRANGED (fuckin A), november rain, sweet child o' mine, coma, nightrain, ill stop now cause i love all of slash's solo's

Iced earth- Stand Alone, burnt offerings

Blind guardian- bright eyes

Slayer- angle of death

and Iron maidan- Powerslave!!

What the HELL is with all these angles of death? What angles are they? 90 degrees? 180?? The full circle 360?? Something inbetween? Cummon guys, what exactly are these dangerous angles so many people talk about. And what have they got to do with Slayer????

ANGELof Death goddammit......i'm sick of people mispelling ANGEL all the time. How f'kin hard can it be?????

ANGLE OF DEATH! GAHAHAHAHA :lol: *cries out tears of laughter* Yes Sculpted hates Slayer alright. Just to piss you off I'm going to say the best heavy metal solo is Pantera - A New Level.

My list:
in flames - zombie inc.
porcupine tree - shesmovedon
led zeppelin - starway to heaven
dan swanö - uncreation
opeth - the twilight - is my robe (all solos)

i'm not really a spelling nazi, to be honest I don't care at all because tons of people misspell the most simple things all the time (whether out of stupidity or laziness I don't know)....it's just.......the ANGLE of death.....i've seen so many DAMN people type that....and....it's a SONGtitle...I mean...like...just...arggghhhh. I'm sick of every 3rd person saying angle of death. it's just so unimaginably stupid.

otherwise i don't give a shit how people spell stuff =)