Best Metal Guitar Players

Trylakos said:
Daniel Mongrain is fucking amazing! If I am ever in Quebec soon Ill hunt him down:p
I saw him live with Martyr and Crypstopsy. He gives a good show.
I also saw him live on tv on some crappy show, he was a session guitarist and it was a bit ackward to see him playing some soft rock.

Early Metallica without guitar solos would be unlistenable. The songs are long and montonous sometimes without enough tempo change's. Kirk's solos breaks them up perfectly. Solo's can bring you places riffs sometime can not. The type of music Metallica use to play solo's are mandatory. Kirk's solo's never sounded out of place and majority of the time they are the most interesting part in a metallica song. Lars was pretty basic and after Kill 'em All James rythmn playing was more heavy,slow,stripped making solo's,harmonies really important. Jame's riff deliver and song writing was not exactly perfect plus montonous, someone needed to break it up.

Kirks solos in Disposable Hero's are ace especially. The one in Shortest Straw sounds wicked. Kirk had many great solo's.

And Justice For All is almost ten minutes and repetitive. Take out the leads and the song is not listenable imo.

The Greys said:
Early Metallica without guitar solos would be unlistenable. The songs are long and montonous sometimes without enough tempo change's. Kirk's solos breaks them up perfectly. Solo's can bring you places riffs sometime can not. The type of music Metallica use to play solo's are mandatory. Kirk's solo's never sounded out of place and majority of the time they are the most interesting part in a metallica song. Lars was pretty basic and after Kill 'em All James rythmn playing was more heavy,slow,stripped making solo's,harmonies really important. Jame's riff deliver and song writing was not exactly perfect plus montonous, someone needed to break it up.

Kirks solos in Disposable Hero's are ace especially. The one in Shortest Straw sounds wicked. Kirk had many great solo's.

And Justice For All is almost ten minutes and repetitive. Take out the leads and the song is not listenable imo.

perfectly put.

Nitro is the gayest band ever. I could make it through 45 seconds of Frieght Train, and I had had enough cheeziness for a month. Because Micheal Angelo was in that band, I think he sucks. If he wasnt in Nitro, Id be a fan.

Actually The Greys put it horribly, since he only has a fleeting grasp of the english language, regardless of whether or not you agree.

..yeah because english has anything to do with music and lead guitar playing. I'm sorry I never paid attention in school, it was not my thing. People have different interests and as a kid do not realize certain things. You're better ok...... and what I said has no value because what a school system has told you. Simply stop reading my posts because music means something more than grammar to me.

Instead of trying to be intelligent why dont you play an instrument since this is a music discussion board. While kids are learning grammar people are not being taught how to play an instrument or even start a fire. What is internet grammar going to do anyone. I can speak just fine. No one told me I might end up typing on a computer because of technological advancements.

You will not see me taking effort to reply to you again.

The Greys said:
..yeah because english has anything to do with music and lead guitar playing. I'm sorry I never paid attention in school, it was not my thing. People have different interests and as a kid do not realize certain things. You're better ok...... and what I said has no value because what a school system has told you. Simply stop reading my posts because music means something more than grammar to me.

Instead of trying to be intelligent why dont you play an instrument since this is a music discussion board. While kids are learning grammar people are not being taught how to play an instrument or even start a fire. What is internet grammar going to do anyone. I can speak just fine. No one told me I might end up typing on a computer because of technological advancements.

You will not see me taking effort to reply to you again.

First of all, yes, this is the music discussion forum. That has nothing to do with being a musician (i.e. playing an instrument); that's what the musician's forum is for. Second of all I didn't say whether or not I agreed with you, I just said you can't fucking type for shit, which is a basic skill that almost everyone should have (certainly everyone using a computer (I.E. YOU)). How old are you anyway? The school systems have been pumping technology and computers into childrens brains for over a decade now, so unless you're a geezer I can't see how no one has ever told you that you might have to come face to face with a keyboard one day.

I wish someone would teach me how to start a fire. I was always too busy learning grammar.

I don't know how to use a can-opener either.

CAIRATH said:
I wish someone would teach me how to start a fire. I was always too busy learning grammar.

lmao

I like this guy.

in no particular order...

Alex Skolnick
Jesper Stromblad
Joe Stump
Yngwie (duh)
James Murphy
Michael Stytzer (artillery!)
Dave Murray
Michael Amott
André Olbrich (Blind Guardian)
"Diamond" Darrell Abbott

too many to name all of them... but those are a few

He went by Diamond Darrel and changed it to 'Dimebag' after Cowboys From Hell.

CAIRATH said:

ice burn