guitarists

Kreator/Destroyer

The Lovecraftian Batman
Jun 2, 2006
Your imagination, of course!
what guitarist has played solos that you think stand out from other styles and other musicians.

John Petrucci - (just the way he doesn't use hammering and only tremolo picking and creates that signature sound that many dream theater influenced progressive bands use)
Jimi Hendrix - (when making a list of guitarists who stand out isn't he mandatory in any genre?)
Eddie Van Halen - (he was a king with guitar tapping and eruption was one of the best guitar solo songs ever in my opinion)
Kirk Hammett - (though he plays like any other thrash solo, read the dates on the other thrash guitarist cds...now check the dates on kill 'em all, master of puppets, and ride the lightning)
Joe Satriani - (With the Satch Boogie he created another amazing standalone solo song that ranks with eruption)
I know i'm gunna get shit for this one but...the guys from trivium (the solo for Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation)
Dimebag Darrel - (he created solos that every beginning metal guitarist wants to play... he was a guitargod with his signature distortion and wah sound and his somewhat strange solos in some cases)
Zakk Wylde - (he was along the lines of dimebag and is possibly one of the best guitarists alive at the moment, he combines the techniques of many of the great guitarists before him)
Randy Rhoads - (he was incredible)
Jimmy Page - (What do you want me to say?) :kickass:

thanks but yea i'm going for the musicians more but i'll keep the solo thread in mind...i had a bad experience with the solo thread though when i was even more of a noob and had my first post (i got in a big fight with some guy cause he called me an emo asswipe for liking coheed and cambria...i don't mind their music...)

RUSTY COOLEY-For just bieng able to shred at lightning fast speeds and actually have musical quality and not noise
noitcefrepdewalf said:
Zakk Wylde - (he was along the lines of dimebag and is possibly one of the best guitarists alive at the moment, he combines the techniques of many of the great guitarists before him)
im gonna have to disagree with the best guitarist alive at the moment and say that he is quite overated compared to more underground guitarists

Narg n Lamb said:
RUSTY COOLEY-For just bieng able to shred at lightning fast speeds and actually have musical quality and not noise

im gonna have to disagree with the best guitarist alive at the moment and say that he is quite overated compared to more underground guitarists

shit...i meant to say one of the best cause he is up there