Please HELP! My computer had viruses.

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
Norton Antivirus deleted two viruses from my PC, but my CD-Rom/burner and DVD-Rom won't work now.:cry:
I did uninstall and reinstall both drivers, but it still doesn't work.
I also 'troubleshooted' both drivers, and that didn't work either.
Any help would be appreciated. :)

The complete lack of information doesn't help.

Exactly what did Norton delete, and what about the drives won't work? Are they not being recognized at all?

Actually, Norton fixed the files, not deleted.
There's 2 backup items in the quarantine.

File Name: counter.class Threat Name: Trojan.byteverify

File Name: Parser.class Threat Name: Trojan.byteverify

I’m using Windows XP.

I see the HP burner and Samsung DVD in the Device Manager, and they have little yellow circles with “!” exclamation points.

I uninstall, then reinstall and a message says there’s a problem with the drivers.

And the properties of both drivers (in the Device Manager) says:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device

When I troubleshoot, it basically says I'm fucked.

That's a bad idea.

Are you installing from the drivers that came with the drives or drivers you downloaded from somewhere?

Well, I already tried the bad idea, and it looks like it solved the problem. I did save stuff on a floppy dick before taking mrthrax's advice on a system restore.
I be cum-pewter illiterut. I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is.

Before, when I re-installed the drives, the PC knew what brand of what hardware I was re-installing. It just did it automatically.
But, it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the bad idea.:)

I did the system restore. First time I've tried that.
I went back and stopped Biff from stealing the Sports Almanac.

ThraxDude said:
Well, I already tried the bad idea, and it looks like it solved the problem. I did save stuff on a floppy dick before taking mrthrax's advice on a system restore.
I be cum-pewter illiterut. I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is.

Before, when I re-installed the drives, the PC knew what brand of what hardware I was re-installing. It just did it automatically.
But, it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the bad idea.:)

I did the system restore. First time I've tried that.
I went back and stopped Biff from stealing the Sports Almanac.
good to hear my friend,i have windows millenium and its fucked up too,hopefully i will get a new operating system with a big ass hardrive and more ram so my computer aint so low lol,cheers and merry fucking xmas thraxdude.

So it´s okay now? Viruses suck. Since my and brother´s PC had been infected and we had to reinstall the complete system, I would shoot the fuckers who make viruses where they stand! Mostly these are fat and ugly guys who didn´t see a pussy and so they release their virgin frustrations through fucking up peoples lives! Fuck them!

Yep. People who create viruses have absolutely no life. They should have their hands cut off so that using the keyboard isn't so easy.
But, my PC seems to be fine.
I'm use to viruses now. I've had one major virus that completely shut down my PC a few years ago.
I advise using Norton Antivirus, a firewall, and always back up important shit.

I wish said procedures worked for me. I had the exact same problem as Tad, only when I reformatted the computer, my DVD/CD combo burner can only read, not write. Dell IT support is no help... they have you go through the same steps everytime to troubleshoot.... even if the step won't help at all. I'm on my second drive from them... the other one fritzed out and started tracking poorly. I think I'll buy an external burner next time. Does anyone have any suggestions?