Please inform me about guitars, humans!

i wouldn't pay a grand for a guitar if i were you. i have a 500 dollar jackson and it kicks tons of ass, you really don't need guitars that expensive. also like everyone says floyds are such a pain in the ass you really don't want one so whatever you do don't get one. other than that it doesn't matter much.

Floyds are awsome once you figure them out..All you need is for someone to teach you how to work with a floyd and then its just about as easy as stringing a fixed bridge guitar, with the perks of a whammy bar, and youre strings wont go out of tune with hard bending. Im not taking the piss out of fixed bridge guitars, im just all for equal opertunity axe purchase....and as for shredding.....comeon everyone secretly wants to

Chromatose said:
Notice how he mentions only elite shredders. Shredding is not everything, you dirty wannabe 80's guitarist fucks

Plus, those guitarists never made anything devastatingly memorable.

MajestikMøøse said:
but seriously penguin

Look at some Epiphone or Gibson Les Pauls

LIKE HAMMERS

YOU WANT TO BE LIKE JOHN 'SEXBEAST MCRIFFMASTER' COBBETT RIGHT?

Actually, I planned on doing some Slough Feg research later. I really like their guitar sound and I remember reading either interviews or their message board, where they (probably Scalzi) described the equipment....etc

but yeah. I do.

mpigott said:
im just all for equal opertunity axe purchase....and as for shredding.....comeon everyone secretly wants to

That would nice. BUt oftentimes I listen for the riff beneath the solo and air guitar to that.

Another oftentimes moment: solos bore the fuck out of me (and I know every single band you know).

chromie! tell me a little bit about porcupine tree! I think I am falling in love with them again! :O (and I am only familiar with the last two albums)

I think Scalzi might play a LP too, let me check

EDIT:

january22-2002_sloughfeg.jpg

METAL

retarded penguin said:
chromie! tell me a little bit about porcupine tree! I think I am falling in love with them again! :O (and I am only familiar with the last two albums)

is that all?

you MUST hear lightbulb sun and stupid dream then

metalskater7 said:
Floyds are truly a hassle.

Agreed. Go for a wilkinson trem with sperzel locking tuners.

For a grand and change I would get a used carvin BOLT-T and a used Peavey 5150 combo. That's enough to set the world afire!

Enemy242 said:
I'd say no to that because they are harder to learn on and if you want to learn metal, way less fun to play.

Acoustic guitars provide a solid base and encourage you to use proper playing technique. After playing an acoustic guitar, electric guitars are ridiculously easy. If you learn on an electric you are somewhat more liable to develop a sloppy technique. The ease can encourage it at times.

Um, why is everyone knocking esp? I have played some fucking amazing feeling and sounding esp's. Personally the EC-1000 ltd deluxe series is one of the best value per dollar guitars out there at the moment, and they look and play sexy as hell to boot.