Vocalist here. Help me! Expecially programmers who make vst-amps! Couple questions.

BugsyHewitt

Apr 10, 2010
Hey guys this is my first post. I've been observing the ultimate metal forums for quite a while now.. Some of you guys are gods and I just can't thank all of you enough.. All the free software amps that have been coming out.. HOLY S@%!!!!! Ive been playing guitar for 16 years now. I play in a band that has 6505+ and a 5150 on rythym and the sound you get from these free software amps is so ridiculously close... 8505, that 5150 sounding one are like Deja-Vu. and without a doubt that v30 thing.. That thing is my go-to for chuggy rythym tracks, only question is which impulse.. I dl'd one from somewhere around here.. Really similar to my lead players 4x12 Mesa (1600$) sound but a bit less throaty which I prefer (Less eq = less headaches) (also free).. :lol:

I honestly run my line 6 pod xt live (500 bucks when I bought it) into my computer in complete bypass mode and use the software I found on this site (free.. :headbang: ) Also just the information in the stickys made my band sound better over the course of a week.. I really appreciate your guys effort.

Anyway. More to the point. Ive been a vocalist for 6-7 years, and I was lucky enough about 4-5 years ago to stumble upon a Urel LA-4 (sexy black death box) and I went thru a differant couple mic preamps thru the years.. Turns out I kinda like cheaper ones. I dont completely squish my vox or distort them.. Just a lil drive, little cut.. In love with that sound.. Its been my sound.. Plus makes the highs in pigsqeels screeee-eee-eee-eam..

So my LA-4 got jacked.. Its gone.. and I have alot of things to spend 700+ dollars on before a new one.. Is there any software compressor/limiters that are similar.. I miss my sound.. dbx is poop. Also any pro tips on mic pres/compressors/anything whatsoever = :worship:

Also.. If anyone who writes these beautiful guitar amp software is out there listening and isn't too busy writing these brilliant programs for the greater good of music and GUITARISTS everywhere.. Us VOCALISTS need a free plug too! Something that emulates a good metal voiced compressor/limiter and possibly a usable vocal drive/distort..

I was in love with my LA-4 sound.. Thatd be something good to emulate..

Not even sure what top of the line pre amps are.. Expecially for maxing/od. I relied on my LA-4 and the fact that I wasnt doing much to the signal besides leveling and givin some presence.. I am quite fancy with photoshop. And if a good programmer were to do such a feat. I would make the gui graphics for it and put up the webpage for it too and also worship the ground you walk..

tl;dr? :zombie:

Try redwirez impulses. They are really good and you can download them cabinet by cabinet so you get only what you need. They are not expensive and you get great sounding cabs miced with tons of different microphones.

http://www.redwirez.com/