Please listen to a quick test. Too heavy?

Element77

Sep 12, 2006
Yo.

Been awhile. Anyway I just did a test for a tune I'm doing (Its the ending that why it starts abruptly.) I just moved, got a new soundcard, and a new "jam" room. So my mixes are all thrown off now. So I was hoping you'd give this a quick listen, it's sloppy. But tell me whats wrong with it.
To me it's sounds good in this room, but I need another set of ears.
It seems like it might be too heavy sounding.

Cheers, James.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6003128/FDS_EndingTest.mp3

Nothing.... that's the problem. For some reason now when I record, something isn't working correctly. I just record 4 guitar tracks. (2 at a time.) With TSS, X30, and guitarhack impulse. Everything set at 12 o'clock... If I make one adjustment to TSS (i.e. tone), and not the other one, it starts getting hissy, and almost out of phase sounding as i move the dial. I've never had this issue before. If I record 2 tracks at once, it sounds "ok". If I record my 100%, then 80% separatly, it sounds completly out of phase. This is so confusing. I upgraded my EMU-0404 to a Profire, and now these issues are popping up out of nowhere.

guitar > instrument in on profire, not clipping > x30 > guitarhack impulses... with NO settings touched...should sound delightful right outta the box. somethings wrong there.