Please post some samples of the RIVERA KNUCKLEHEAD

Sly

Feb 8, 2006
Grenoble, FRANCE
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

the other day I heard someone playing through a Rivera Knucklehead amp at a concert. He was using a Gibson Explorer with EMG 81 pickups. The tone coming from the amp on stage was insane, I instantly loved the rawness of it, awesome mids.
I'd love to have some samples from this amp, and feedback too, if someone had the chance to try this beast.

I played one for a very brief amount of time, and I didn't mess with the EQ at all, so I can only give a very brief description.

I was at a guy's house, because he was selling a mesa cabinet, so my mate and I went to try it out, and he happened to have a knucklehead halfstack and he let me have a quick go, hence why it was brief and I didn't touch his EQ. It sounded very bassy, and almost like even on my bridge pickup, the amp had this weird voicing like my guitar was on the middle pickup or something. There were some weird frequencies going on, but having said that, I was playing an enormous mahogany bodied 7 string guitar with blackouts in it, and the guy's guitar he normally played with was a small 6 string charvel made of alder with a JB in it, so it is likely it might have sounded ok with that guitar.

It did have a very crunchy and raw sound to it, but it didn't have the smoothness or fluency in the top end you'd expect to hear from a rectifier. I would be interested in sitting with one and having a good mess around with it, but it didn't do anything for me that made me think they would be anything absolutely incredible.

Give one a go and see what you think. :)

Best I got is a myspace sample from the the last song we put down as a band. its the rivera k tre. Awesome head but I ended up trading it with a friend for another head (I've been on a quest for tone since I bought my first tube head in 1998)

The song is called "condemned to motion"

click here

Sorry for the shit quality. I might be able to hook up my pro tools rig and post a sample of the guitars solo'd for a couple parts. Just PM if you really really need it.

Gary (from Negative, Technicolour, Monday and Ancara) used it on the last gig I mixed Ancara because his Marshall head was broken and that thing sounded really crunchy. I liked it, not your typical buzzsaw. Atleast I think it was a Knucklehead, but definately a Rivera.

edit: I think it was this one: http://www.rivera.com/products/knuckle/kr100-top.php

edit2: there are samples of the amps on riveras website