Please, recommend movies

anything made by Miyazaki
that is, Studio Ghibli movies.

Since someone said The Banquet, I'll take it and raise with Curse of the Golden Flower.

and Seven Swords, while in on the topic of NEAT movies

I'll see that...and raise you a "Temptation of a monk". :)

I should stipulate that I've pretty much seen any film in Asian Cinema be it Japanese horror, anime, or Wuxia, in the past few years (Karmic I love you). And I've seen the Departed as well as the Inferal Affairs Films it was losely based upon.

Thank you all for your recommendations, I did some interesting new possibilities to look into.

<3 Gary Oldman.

If I was gay I'd be all over him.

Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Jake Gyllenhaal and Nathan Fillion too.

But I'm not, so. :lol:

the usual suspects

anime musts:
berserk
raxephon
evangelion
texnolyze

Ali G indahouse the movie
Borat
any movie where the principal characters smoke weed
any movie with Jim Carey in it
The Doom Generation (Dark style humor/gory and Rose McGowen naked before she did the show "Charmed")
one hour photo (Robin williams doing a suspensefull movie with no funny parts at all)
any movie with the character "Hanniibal Lecter" in it
The Underground Comedy Movie
Scary movie 1
Scary movie 2 (Scary movie 3 sucked)
Date movie
Epic Movie
Not Another Teen Movie
American Beauty
American Psycho (Christian Bale is serial killer in late 1980's)
any super-hero genre movie except the superman movies (the characterazation in the Superman movies was totally completely different than the charaterazation in Smallville and IMO the characterization in Smallville is vastly superior)
Big Money Hu$tlers
Go
A Dirty Shame
any other John Waters film
any movie directed by any guy that directed music videos previous to directing movies
any film directed by Kevin Smith (except Jersey Girl)
any movie with Ben Afleck (except Jersey Girl, jesrsey girl sucked)
anything that was filmed in Japan with the intent of it eventually getting seen by Americans
japaneese animated movie Ghost in the Shell was a favorite of mine

japanese horror movies for the most part are pure crap. well the ones that make it to dvd in the US at least. There's no reasoning in the films.

However oldboy is good although not entirely a horror film.

*spoiler* the end of american psycho is left open to wether or not he actually was a sirial killer or it was all just in his head

yeah oldboy is korean i think. I meant to say asian horror..my bad

japanese horror movies for the most part are pure crap. well the ones that make it to dvd in the US at least. There's no reasoning in the films.

However oldboy is good although not entirely a horror film.

*spoiler* the end of american psycho is left open to wether or not he actually was a sirial killer or it was all just in his head

animated japaneese stuff is better than non-japaneese animated stuff (except american southpark) but yes, live-action japaneese stuff is totally ....ing crap

the end of the American Psycho is Reagan giving a live tv speach that is supposed to tell you exactly when the movie takes place
and i thought the ending was him finding peace with himself being a serial killer because no one would believe him when he confessed

perfect blue is an amazing horror anime.

well it's either no one believed him because of his "image" or he was only really just fantasizing about killing people(the note book with drawings of dead people)

well it's either no one believed him because of his "image" or he was only really just fantasizing about killing people(the note book with drawings of dead people)

it's been a while since i saw the movie, i don't remember this "notebook with drawings of dead people" that you speak of

perfect blue is an amazing horror anime.

i love anime
except the shows get horribly butchered when the diologue gettranslated into english

the show Sailor Moon, for example, was supposed to be a cartoon for adults
the group of girls were supposed to be like the multiple Slayers in the last season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer
the phrase that ended up being translated as "sailor scouts" was a japaneese phrase that, if translated acurately, would been "female warriors dressed as pirates"
in the japeneese dialogue, the blue-haired girl has short hair-cut to indicate that she is a lesbian, there is a scene where the guest character is the blue-haired girl's lesbian lover, but in the english diologue, this character is introduced as "my cousin from out of town"
there is a scene where sailor moon is taking a bath, the phone rings and she is upset because her "relaxation" time had gotten interupted, but the way japan saw the scene was sailor moon is laying down in the bathtub instead of taking a standing up shower because she is masturbating and she gets upset about the ringing phone preventing her from orgasming

in the show Dragon Ball Z, in the japeneese version the little kid's father's diologue is almost nothing but cussing, they have to make him look like an idiot in the american show in order to make his diologue appropiate for children, and many characters have changed gender to conceal the huge number of homosexual/lesbian sexual relationships in the japaneese version of the show