Pls help: Jackson or Ibanez?

I've liked all the Jackson Soloists I've played, which are a bit out of your range. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable playing it because you can always swap pick ups, and use your amp to get it relatively the way you want to sound. Ibanez Wizard necks are a bit too thin, where as PRS necks are too bulky for my tastes, and the Jackson thin flat necks are right in the perfect middle ground. My personal favorite guitars are ESP's, which I've been perfectly happy with for years. My experience with LTD's on the other hand have been mostly crap. Maybe you might want to look into Edwards because they're supposedly between ESP, and LTD quality, and they're an affordable price, and I know some quality players who swear by them.

http://www.katanaguitars.com/main/top.html
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=edwards+guitars&category0=

My specs I always look for are neck thru thin flat necks, ebony board, string thru body, with alder wood. I'm having a guitar made now with a Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge, and a Dimarzio Air Norton because I like the clean tones they get. Oh, yeah it's going to be a 7 string too. Thing is going to be a beast.

Thanks for that, very useful. Id love to try out ESP's but theres not many dealers here who stock them; the DKMGs ive tried out seem fantastic but i just wanted to know if they were good guitars for the money (about 500£) orwill i regret my purchase after 1 year lol

Yeah thanks ive had a look through that site already, almost all the review ive read have been really positive :) so thats encouraging , but as many ppl point out it just comes down to preference. Any advice on what nice amps i could get also for a reasonable price? thanx

Hiya, yes i tried a Line 6 out and seemed ok, i have heard though that because it being digital,etc the sound isnt very real and sounds a bit 'fake'; if i was to buy a more traditional amp which would be a good recommendation? thanx

If you'll buy a guitar with floyd rose and if you need to change tuning a lot ( like Opeth , Standart, Drop D or Open D..) go buy a Tremol-No it really helps!

Hiya, yes i tried a Line 6 out and seemed ok, i have heard though that because it being digital,etc the sound isnt very real and sounds a bit 'fake'; if i was to buy a more traditional amp which would be a good recommendation? thanx
I don't know what reasonable is to you, but if you're serious about tone save up, and try to find a used Soldano. I'd recommend the Hot Rod 50+, it's expensive, doesn't come with all the frills, and it's only a two channel, but hot damn does it sound good. BB King, Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, George Lynch, Jimmy Page, down to the dude from High on Fire(who I'm not a fan of, but you get the range) have been known to play the SLO 100's. The Peavey 5150 was voiced after this amp so it has huge amounts of gain without the Peavy's tin like tone, and fizz. The Hot Rod 50 has the same voicing as the SLO, just with 50 watts less, which is more than enough, and breaks up quicker.

Yeah thanks ive had a look through that site already, almost all the review ive read have been really positive :) so thats encouraging , but as many ppl point out it just comes down to preference. Any advice on what nice amps i could get also for a reasonable price? thanx

A buddy of mine recently picked up an all-tube Peavey Valveking 212 combo brand new for like $500, and when he adds in the BBE Sonic Stomp pedal (it crushes without it, too!), you wouldn't believe how close it sounds to a Mesa for a quarter of the price! I was very impressed with the bang-for-the-buck factor with that one. I haven't played one myself, but the B-52 amps are also supposed to be a great value, and I've heard Matt Stone from Queensryche using them live and they sounded pretty sweet from where I was sitting. $600 for a brand new head on musiciansfriend.com, $750 for an all-tube 2x12 combo loaded with vintage 30s, not bad. If you can swing a little higher price tag, check out the new Blackstar amps. I checked these out at NAMM earlier this year and they fuckin' blaze for $1600! There has been quite a buzz and gushing reviews about them since NAMM, too. The Hughes & Kettner Switchblade also goes for about $1600, and is an amazing-sounding and incredibly versatile amp for the loot. I've dicked around with the Mesa Express series amps a good bit, too, and they're hard to beat for an all-tube rig in the $1500 range with their comprehensive features and unmistakable Mesa tone.

Line 6 are good amps for the money, and sound very convincing when recorded properly, but I guess I'm just a tube snob, because I can tell a big difference between real tubes & modeling when I'm actually playing through them. I've yet to hear a modeling amp that truly captures the tactile dynamics of an all-tube rig. Of course, a big positive for the modeling amps is that they do sound good overall, and you get quality effects built in with the package. Again, make every effort to try before you buy!

Good luck!

I've been thinking of getting one of those for quite some time.
How do they work and how good do they work?

Ugh....having two guitars just works so much better. If you already have a guitar with a floyd rose, then buy a stop tail. If you aleady have a stop tail, then buy a floyd rose.

(And this goes out to everyone that is new to buying guitars, if you try a guitar that you have heard great things about, and it plays like utter shit, don't be discouraged, the string height (action) is most likely way too high. And of course that can be fixed.

What about Laneys? I never tried them but I heard good things about them.

Laneys fucking ROCK! I can't believe I forgot to mention them! When I bought my Road King, it was really a three-way race between it, the Engl Invader & the Laney VH100R. The VH100R is the only one of the new Laneys I've played much, but that sucker fuckin' smokes! I got interested in it after having heard Andy Timmons get absolute god-like tone out of them for several years before switching to his new Mesa Stiletto/Lone Star setup. (he still uses the Laney in the studio, though, along with a couple of choice old Marshalls.) The Laney is also right in that realistic $1500 - $1600 price range. Hey, Mikael Akerfeldt sure seems to get good tone from his Laney GH100L, doesn't he?

And what guitars might you suggest for such a purpose? On a budget of course.
Schecter C1 Hellraiser + Jackson SL-3 (old, not new) + Ibanez 1527 and you've covered every base you'll ever need.

As for amps: Personally I prefer Marshall. Their AVT head (now phased out, you'd have to get it used, like the first two guitars above) is solid for a mid range pice amp. It has a tube in it, but it's not all tube. Still it's miles ahead of that Line6 junk. On a tighter budget, look into Crate and Peavy.

are the jackson Dinky guitars nice? they seem to be cheaper than the soloist series.

Schecter C1 Hellraiser + Jackson SL-3 (old, not new) + Ibanez 1527 and you've covered every base you'll ever need.
As for amps: Personally I prefer Marshall. Their AVT head (now phased out, you'd have to get it used, like the first two guitars above) is solid for a mid range pice amp. It has a tube in it, but it's not all tube. Still it's miles ahead of that Line6 junk. On a tighter budget, look into Crate and Peavy.

Exaaaaaactly.

I'm not big into Schecters. But then again, when I played one, it was a cheaper model (wish I could remember which one. I just remember it being around 500 bucks).

But I definitely need to look into investing money in guitars.......