plugin for fast mastering?

MultiM

Jun 28, 2013
Paris, France
hey guys:
I'm not really good at mastering and mixing, especially drums, I have a lot of equalizers and compressors but I don't know how to use them right,
so until I get professional, is there any programs that have presets, for example:I want metal kick.....BAM! here it is! or for guitar or bass.
I've heard about waves one knob, is there any other programs?

metallica___master_of_muppets_by_niko31789-d5bmw88.jpg

hey guys:
I'm not really good at mastering and mixing, especially drums, I have a lot of equalizers and compressors but I don't know how to use them right,
so until I get professional, is there any programs that have presets, for example:I want metal kick.....BAM! here it is! or for guitar or bass.
I've heard about waves one knob, is there any other programs?
If you want to be pro, there's only way: start to learn how to tweak and practice, practice and practice. Buy and read http://www.systematicproductions.com/mixing-guide.htm instead of wasting money on any one knobs etc.

^seriously. Buy that. And don't try to speed through the mastering process. It will not help the music.

let me just grab my virtual wallet and take out my virtual 10000 dollar to hire the virtual andy sneap to make my virtual album, that would be great!

The irony of this post based on your first....

You can try iZotope Ozone, has a bunch of mastering presets.

1. If this is for a band/solo album get someone else to do it
2. If you want to get into it properly, read, research, listen, learn over a long time.
3. If its for a demo or something and you don't have a lot of money, for mastering, Ozone - Presets, if that's STILL too much, some great free plugs, L2007 limiter, stillwell Bombadier compressor, Bootsy Baxter Master EQ, Bootsy Tesla Saturation, Stillwell Event Horizon Limiter, Bootsy LA leveler. Any combination of those should do, Gmulti, Gclip.

Stay away from EZ mix, its very much dependent on good source sounds, that's why guys like Ola Englund can make it sound snazzy, and every youtube djent kid sounds terrible with it, and good source sounds translate to the mix, the mix to master.

Seen as you asked for mastering advice in the title, I'll ignore the part about mixing and the random Kick Drum.

Mastering is a multiple task and includes many different processes, if you just want to get "loud" use whatever limiter you have included in your DAW. Very important advice, don't try to compete with professionals but know where you must stop because you'll be degrading the sound. Better sound good but quiet than loud and distorted / pumping.

1. If this is for a band/solo album get someone else to do it
2. If you want to get into it properly, read, research, listen, learn over a long time.
3. If its for a demo or something and you don't have a lot of money, for mastering, Ozone - Presets, if that's STILL too much, some great free plugs, L2007 limiter, stillwell Bombadier compressor, Bootsy Baxter Master EQ, Bootsy Tesla Saturation, Stillwell Event Horizon Limiter, Bootsy LA leveler. Any combination of those should do, Gmulti, Gclip.

Stay away from EZ mix, its very much dependent on good source sounds, that's why guys like Ola Englund can make it sound snazzy, and every youtube djent kid sounds terrible with it, and good source sounds translate to the mix, the mix to master.

Seen as you asked for mastering advice in the title, I'll ignore the part about mixing and the random Kick Drum.

thanks mqn,that really helped :)

honestly Slate Fgx is pretty simple to use as long as you don't go overboard with some of the knobs. if you have an ilok download the demo and check it out.