Pod and Line 6

Just a little note... I think that the VOX ToneLab when fed to a Mesa Poweramp sounds pretty damn good. I prefer the ToneLab to the POD XT for most stuff. I just think it's better overall.

I mastered an album recently where they had used the Randall ISOcab for lead guitars, and it sounded awful. They originally used it for all guitars (Mesa TripleRectifier w. Isocab) but the producer said it really was the worst thing he had ever heard. They used it for the leads 'cause it produced that phasey "in-the-small-box" sound and it was actually quite charming for that particular thing... it was far from a great guitar sound though. They ended up using the original POD for the rythm parts instead 'cause it sounded much better... ... ... ... ... :OMG:

Yeah, it did take a little more work than just screwing on a gooseneck. I basically did exactly what Egan said; I drilled a new hole, soldered my jack into it, and filled the excess space with sealer. I decided one day that it would be useful to have the possibility to have two mics in the box at once a while ago, and have yet to actually use a second mic. As for getting a crappy sound out of it, all I can tell you is that I got the "phasey" sound when I just threw a mic in there, but after I positioned the mic just like I would on a normal cab, it sounded fine. I don't use it for recording as I have nicer cabinets, and have found that although it gets me a good sound, the Isocab still doesn't provide the extra punch that I get out of a 4x12" cabinet. If you're curious about the gear I'm feeding into it, I'm running a variety of guitars into a homemade splitter. From there, one signal goes into an older 5150, while the other gets fed into a direct box(all of my band's gigs are recorded so that we have the possibility of using live tracks from any show. The direct box is for reamping.)

Exsanguis said:
I decided one day that it would be useful to have the possibility to have two mics in the box at once a while ago, and have yet to actually use a second mic.QUOTE]

hello,
if you use a second mic in the future let me know how this worked out for you ...
i ordered an isocab too gonna try that 2 mics thing

mark