Pod and SSL plug-in = Pantera tone...maybe?

Kenny Lee

Oct 16, 2004
www.metallabs.com
Messed around with my Pod and Waves SSL plug-in and made this short stab at Dimes tone.....sample. Pod XT Pro right-side D'oh :lol:

Check it out thru some cans!!!!
What do ya'll think?:err:

GORILLA

Dime's tone has a little more buzz too it. You have a very nice tone, but it's not the saw type that Dime has. Add some grit to the midrange and you should be closer though. Keep it up :)

~006

Thanks for listening........ I was always wanting to take a try at Darrells' tone. It's KILLER for solid-state. And my Bud dared me to do it using the Pods' 5150 simulator, only.
The first one, was with a 57 mic simulator.This one is with another mic simulator. Gotta pick like DimeBag too, or it's just not gonna sound like him! Or any other tone a person tries (Gotta pick like the guitarist your trying to immulate:) )

Thanks for listening.....been testing products, and doing projects for others for weeks and I needed a break. I needed some PANTERA in my ears!!!!!!:headbang:

I'm not dissagreeing, but with that much gain, if you go near the guitar it's gonna make a noise. That much gain will make a lot of noise with any pick.

Seizure. said:
Were did you get those SSL plug ins?!!!
Oops...yeah Waves has them! If you do decide to get them go to Altomusic.com for the lowest prices around!!!!!

NO... I don't work for or with them. They just have kick ass prices:headbang:

Here's a :59 second clip using the SSL G-Equalizer on the guitars/ the E-Channel on the bass and kicks and the G-Master Buss comp on the master buss.