Pod and SSL plug-in = Pantera tone...maybe?

cobhc said:
i always saw him using black picks, at least around the far beyond driven era, and the .88 tortex are green.

Yeah, but they're .88 tortex, with these roadie-etched in crosshatches. I was surprised, cuz they had the tortex logo and everything (in yellowish print), but were that blackish-green color, and not bright green.

Kenny Lee said:
And my Bud dared me to do it using the Pods' 5150 simulator, only.

I have the Pod XT live. Is that 5150 sim, on one of the packs you have to buy($50)? That sucks! I don't wanna buy more crap for my pod! I recently picked up the Randall RH200 (Made in China) stereo head for $300 just to fuck with. It has that Randall sound, but sounds like a wah is fully open inside it! Dime had a distinct Randall tone, and the Bill Lawrence early on.:worship: Dime was the main ingredient in his tone. Real fuckin tight on his doubles! I put one of those Dimebuckers in my V. Love it! That thing is HOT!:OMG: I think it will feed back on a clean setting!

Gnash said:
Kenny Lee said:
And my Bud dared me to do it using the Pods' 5150 simulator, only.

I have the Pod XT live. Is that 5150 sim, on one of the packs you have to buy($50)? That sucks! I don't wanna buy more crap for my pod! I recently picked up the Randall RH200 (Made in China) stereo head for $300 just to fuck with. It has that Randall sound, but sounds like a wah is fully open inside it! Dime had a distinct Randall tone, and the Bill Lawrence early on.:worship: Dime was the main ingredient in his tone. Real fuckin tight on his doubles! I put one of those Dimebuckers in my V. Love it! That thing is HOT!:OMG: I think it will feed back on a clean setting!
Yeah, I think they cost $50 for the pack.
Is that RH200 the Warhead -head-? A fellow guitarist I know jams thru one and Gawd is that stack LOUD!!! He's 6'8" and dwarfs the Warhead stack! I use .88 Dunlops. Never slip when yer' sweating, just thick enough and thin enough for my playin'.
Pod XT Pro's are fun to play with.

Nah, my bad. The one I just bought is a Randall RH200SC G2, $299 from Musician's Friend! Just couldn't resist it! It has the distinct Randall sound, but it's made in China, ya know. It kinda makes a little noise. Might be fucked up! But, you can split it up into two cabs with the chourus, or split a 4x. Awesome sounding trademark Randall SS gain, if you can forget about the noise and China and shit! Man, I never did check out the Warhead, now I really want to! When I worked at Musician's Friend, they used to get returned ALOT! Every one I got my mitts on was broken, so I never really got to hear 'em, except the Reinventing the Steel show! Time of my life!:worship: On my Pod, I just dial up a JCM800, with a TS808, the gain backed off to aboot 6 or 7 on each. Sounds badass! I have to check out those amp packs. $50 I guess!:mad: