Pod farm and Pod xt

Deebo

Dirty Man-Horse
Jan 14, 2008
Utah
What do I need in order to start recording using the pod xt and pod farm? I've got a mac running logic 8 with a presonus firepod.

LolZerz I was under the impression you needed a POD and Pod Farm in order to record. Do you not?

No.

POD Farm isn't the only amplifier simulation software out there. In fact, in my opinion there are lots of ampsims that by far surpass POD Farm. See the comprehensive list of such plugins here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/541010-list-guitar-ampsim-software.html

You have a Firepod. It has inputs your guitar jack fits in, right? Use them, you don't need a POD. Do you have a DAW? You need to load an amplifier simulator plugin into the DAW as an effect on the input channel you have the guitar's DI signal coming in.

Also, if you absolutely HAVE to use POD Farm, you can purchase it for iLok so you don't need a physical POD.

See the Line 6 website and do a web search for iLok.

I'd suggest use a pod as a DI box and play around with POD Farm, if you don't like it you can just use other amspims.
That's what I'm going to do.

Dude you should be working on the AU version of X30 instead of telling people this :cry:

Hehehe ;) I love telling Mac user that :p
I will try make to make a Mac version, but I have to finish the ampsim first, it's only version 1.03 :lol:

I'm not trying to thread-jack, but I just got a POD XT, and I downloaded the latest version of POD Farm from Line 6 Monkey.

But when I open POD Farm, it says that no authorized device is connected and it cannot process audio.

What should I do about this?
I've got the POD hooked up via USB cable, and Line 6 Monkey detects that it's a POD xt.

But now what? :(

I researched for answers, but I couldn't find anything straight forward.