Pod Pro XT results

That sounds damn good. Did you use some Wave's plugins or anything? I'm an Amplitube/Guitar Rig user and am still trying to get some results like that out of them, although to me Amplitube has a bit more natural sounding distortion, the Pod Pro XT kills. Anywho, yeah, post some of your settings/techniques on how you did that so I can apply them to Amplitube/Guitar Rig. Thanks.

holy shite !! :OMG:

that was awesome!!

please tell us a bit more about your setup/settings andy!!
prutty please :worship:

emg's? tube screamer before the pod? etc etc

sounds great man, sod real amps ;)

peace

-j

Andy Sneap said:
I know, me to, but it's because of the results I heard on this forum, that I decided to check the Pod Pro XT out. Always fun trying new gear.

Most people are quick to say that the POD is crap, but it's hard to argue with the results. Andy, that sounds very similar to the tone settings I posted for you a couple weeks ago, what setting are you using?

I used to hate the POD because the original version was such a pile. But when I messed with the XT a couple years ago for the first time I decided I would try it out. I hated it for at least 6 months and had regrets about buying it at times. After really messing with it, I have decided that I would never sell it because it just sounds killer.

Here's the setting I use again, for those of you who missed it. It's the same tone I used on the songs I've posted on the forum.

Amp- L6 Lunatic
Drive- 0 (all the way down!)
Bass- 10
Mid- 10
Treb- 6 1/2 (it's that sensitive)
Pres- 10
Vol- 7

Air Settings
Cab- 4x12 Line 6
Mic- SM57 on axis
Room- 0%

Comp
Thresh- -4db
Gain- 1db
Gate- -58db (I have noisy Duncans)
Decay- 0%

4 band eq (you might need to update the firmware for this option)
Freq 80k gain- +4.2
Freq 160k gain- -1.4
Freq 4.7k gain- +.2
Freq 3.0k gain- -6.2

Stomp mod; Screamer
Drive- 50%
Gain- 50%
Tone- 50%

Reverb; Cavernous
Pre- 50%
Decay- 50%
Tone- 50%
reverb output knob set at 1.5 roughly.

Master output set at 4.5 to 5

Very nice. Is there any catch to that tone? Have you overdubbed the guitars, used any other processors, or is that just the raw sound you get going straight from the guitar to the POD, to the PC?

I third those motions. Very nice guitar tone. And is that Drumkit From Hell or do you happen to know how to play the drums too ay? :headbang:

The settings I used were actually the treadplate dual amp and cab with tube screamer (all within the pod) set to how I'd normally use the boogie.

Tiny bit of filtering above 13k and a touch of the c4 setting, not a lot though.

No it's not me playing, its some friends of mine that have been in fairly established bands in the past.

No drum kits from hell, though I'm using the 7th chromatic snare from the battery Studio pro disc on this, using aptrigger, through metric halos channel strip.

Awesome info there Mista Sneap. And I meant the Drumkit From Hell question toward the DIOBOLIC5150 samples(which also sound tight.)

johnzorn said:
Awesome info there Mista Sneap. And I meant the Drumkit From Hell question toward the DIOBOLIC5150 samples(which also sound tight.)

No, the samples aren't from DFH. They're sort of custom.

As for the guitar... The sound is basically unaltered from what comes out of the POD. The only thing I added was a little C4 comp, kinda like Andy did.

Rackmounted and some other digital connectors. I think it's a AES/EBU, and there might be a few more details as well.