PodXT/SD2.0

pretty cool! I think you should expand on the song more, its looped alot, so needs vocals, or more complexity if you want to keep it instrumental. the mix could use eqing cuts/shelves more but Im not sure how much cause of the bass issues.

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah I plan on making more of it, but I often find myself making a couple of riffs, then tweak sound for a while before I start something new.
I wish I had a vocalist that could also write lyrics. I kinda suck at both singing and writing.

If you're a singer, feel free to record any ideas on anything that I post here or my soundclick!

Does anyone have tips for improving the sound, maybe using anything other than my downpitched guitar as a bass?

I'm thinking something like hypersonic might have a better option?

Good stuff. Drums are very punchy and the the gtr tone sounds good overall. Very good playing! The song itself, as other's said, is little bit "looping". But hey. let's hope you got good vocalist that could write too!

Just spent like 10 hours working on this mix, I think it's pretty punchy and smooth now, let me know what you think!

Thanks guys!

trivkidd: The snare is just one of the defaults in SD2.0, can't remember which one right now. Will check when I get home!

VINCENT: Cute ain't she? Her name is Hjørdis.

Nice job, you've got some prettey good groovin' there! I'd love to hear some vocals on this piece, any coming up?
Overall a good mix, but I feel the cymbals are just abit too loud towards the end of the song.
Any chance of sharing the pod-preset btw?

This reminds me to no end of Bulb/Periphery. Very good stuff. Lower the snare volume though. It seems like you compensated for lack of 'bite' with overdoing the volume. A good snare is one that drives the song but does not overpower the song.

Great guitar tone, even the shifted bass doesn't sound bad. Good job. Dig the solo.

awesome work, i'm loving the sound. i'd love to see the pod preset! aha.

its a really good sound from s2.0!

like the others have said, very bulb/periphery -ish sound and song. that's good! and yes, i agree on bringing down the snare (sounds like good old nir-z's custom!).

and with only 4 strings? impressive!

thanks,

EDIT: wait, wha?! bass is downtuned guitar in cubase?! thats awesome! tell me more! is it just the cubase default detuning stuff? what processing goes on afterward?