pokies are good!

MERLYN

magician
Apr 13, 2001
Mayfield, NSW, Australia
Visit site
This week I've spent....over $140 on Maiden stuff!!!!!
I'm pretty excited.
Resubscribed Iron Maiden FC. (the exchange rates suck!)
bought EDDIE doll Killers
bought and love Rock In Rio.

Then went to a club and won $120 in the Pokies!!!! WooHoooo.
:D :Smokin: :Smokin:

Pokies are the bane of the existence of Australia's live music scene. They suck you dry without you even knowing it. If I put a gun in your face and asked for all your money, I'd go to jail. But pubs and clubs take it all with pokies and it's legal?

Gambling is a drug of the mind.

Australia has 20% of the world's pokies, a pathetic figure.

I hate all forms of gambling bar raffles and tattslotto (which I never enter anyway).

Is that pathetic that we don't have more than 20%? Or pathetic that we've got about 0.000001% of the worlds population and still got 20%?

I know what you mean, I'm just trying to be a smartarse.

Who are all these people using the bloody things? Thats what id like to know, noone I know plays them.... I think they just make these figures up.

Spawny has slept with 67.4 percent of the supermodels.

See, anyone can do it! :)

Yeah, well I can't live without the pokies!!!
I spend about 40 hrs a week with the f**kin' things!!!
It's my job. I work in a club that has approx. 600 of them. I usually don't play them 'cos I've seen too many eople lose their pay pckt, or house, or marrage...
Did you know NSW has about 80% of aust total pokie population?
Most of the people who play are the older generation waiting to start Bingo or something.

Originally posted by MERLYN
Yeah, well I can't live without the pokies!!!
I spend about 40 hrs a week with the f**kin' things!!!

I got to here and thought "Fuck, man, you gotta get some help". But it turns out you don't.

Originally posted by MERLYN
How do you get 100 old ladies to say fuck?

yell BINGO!!!

[/B]
:lol:

I dunno, maybe I do need help!
I've played them last night and today, put in about $80 and got back $30!
Even on my days off I still go and have a bit of a play.
They are just so inviting. All the flashing lights, the spinning reels are so mesmerising. Nah just jokes. They do give you something to do if you're having a beer by yourself though.
Also if you're a drug dealer or something, it's a great way to launder your money!