POLL: RAW Guitar Tone comparison! VOTE!!!!

Which guitar tone did you prefer?

• 1st

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011

Here are three tones that I ripped from the "raw guitar tone thread". So if my information is correct one of these tones is a 5150 and the other two are Mesa.

I can share the IRs but I hope to get some votes before I do so. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. Assure you that these clips are all equally loud since they are going through the same limiter. So if something sounds louder it simply cuts better because of the spectrum.

I did lowcut them all a bit also. IMHO I like them all. 1st is in almost perfect balance. 2nd one is sharp... sounds great but I can tell that it doesn't give space for vocals at 2-3khz. 3rd has rolled off highs... might be ideal for djent.

Keep the votes coming!

I like the 3rd one a lot. The 2nd one has this weird honkiness and deep-scooped sound to it, and the 1st one was very boxy and airy. Just my taste, though. Edit: I would very much like to have the 3rd tone IR if you ever upload it.

Something between the 2nd and the 3rd would be great. I prefered the 2nd one for the tone itself but the 3rd one fits the mix better imo.

Here are the results. The tones are raw amp tones made by some of the most appreciated members on this forum!! One is by Ermz right? I don't really remember anymore.

1. "Mago_TSEGuitarRaw" <--- can't remember what amp
2. "raw mesa tone" <--- Mesa... was it a Roadster or? I dunno.
3. "Unworthy Guitar" <---- TS808 - 5150 - Recto cab

A bit more feedback and I'll post the results.

Please please please share unworthy. I have been trying to do a Match EQ of that tone and can't quite get it right! :)

Thx.
T

Voted for 3. :)
Almost went for 1 first, but it just seems to be a bit louder than the others.

Good to hear from the man himself! :) Mago does that clip do any justice for your original tone?