Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5th clip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6th clip

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011

Here are six different match EQ'd guitar tones in the C section of the Thai Cell song. Which tone is the best IN YOUR OPINION? I will reveal all the original sources after some time. I know these are not well mixed but I guess you can still vote which one you like the most!

Thank in advance guys! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
The first clip seemed the most natural of all of them, all of the others sounded overprocessed by comparison.

i actually prefer the 6th. next is the 1st.. all the rest sounds strange for my ears

I'm digging the 6th tone myself. It's a Hughes & Kettner Duotone. Probably the best amp to sit in any of my mixes.

Did you use the same drum tone for all 6 ? because the drum tone only sounds good with the brighter sounding guitar tones and I find that distracting when I am trying to judge guitar tones.

Did you use the same drum tone for all 6 ? because the drum tone only sounds good with the brighter sounding guitar tones and I find that distracting when I am trying to judge guitar tones.

Yup, it's the same mix in every clip and some tones will sit better than others so it's not really a fair comparison. Anyways none of these tones were intended for the mix so it's just "drag'n'drop". And most likely the reason why some of these sound very weird is that there has been a lot of post processing in the original tracks so like you guys said: they don't sound natural.

The way I mix is a bit different. I know what I want in a guitar tone and once I get a very good guitar tone I start building other pieces to fit the guitar tone that I've got. This is why I wanted to make this comparison.

Yup, it's the same mix in every clip and some tones will sit better than others so it's not really a fair comparison. Anyways none of these tones were intended for the mix so it's just "drag'n'drop". And most likely the reason why some of these sound very weird is that there has been a lot of post processing in the original tracks so like you guys said: they don't sound natural.

The way I mix is a bit different. I know what I want in a guitar tone and once I get a very good guitar tone I start building other pieces to fit the guitar tone that I've got. This is why I wanted to make this comparison.

OK, fair enough. Clip number 6 sounds the clearest, the others are more muddy and ill defined to me.

Okay guys I'll let you know what these are.

1. Evanescence: Can't remember the song but it's the biggest hit song they have. :) Different guitar tone on left and right side!!
2. Periphery album tone: well it's for djent so no wonder it sounds bad in a drop D rock song.
3. Linkin Park's meteora tone.
4. Another djent tone match EQ'd from my own Axe-Fx times
5. Petrucci Constant Motion
6. Hughes & Kettner Duotone that I ripped off from this guy:

I've been searching for the Duotone for match EQ for A LONG TIME! Everytime I here this amp in a mix, it just sit perfectly and the curve it puts out is unlike any other amp. Crazy stuff...

Last edited by a moderator: